Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Frankenstein LS1, Need Boost options.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 05:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frankenstein LS1, Need Boost options.

I am hoping a few of you can help me iron this out. I have a 72 chevelle with a mildly built LS1 running truck accessories and vintage air. I really want to add a supercharger and I'm trying to figure out the best option to go with. a magnuson sounds like it would be the easiest way to go but I don't have much hood clearance so if I went this route I would need a new hood. Is this an option? Sure. However I'd like to think there is a better option at my finger tips. I have contacted vortech and ATI and they have not been helpful at all. I have no problem changing my accessory drives around if there is a better option for me. I am curious if we have anyone here running a boosted LS in an older camaro,chevelle, etc? I'm curious how it's all packaged and how it's set up and what drive accessories were used on the motor. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! It's winter now so I want to have this all buttoned up by spring and I don't want to order wrong parts with trial and error until I find something that works. This is why I am hoping others have been in my situation before and can offer some advice on what works and what doesn't.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Frankenstein LS1, Need Boost options.