Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

cts-v supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking cts-v supercharger

Just wondering/dreaming, would the Cadillac cts-v blower fit on other engines? Trucks, older gen camaro etc?
Old 12-11-2014, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

hello newbie! Most questions can be answered with the search button. Just like this one

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ort-heads.html

Port shape needs to be rectangular (Ls3). these heads have 2.16" intake valves and need minimum of 4" bore.
The height of it with lid (intercooler top) is pretty tall.
Then there is how does one spin the supercharger pulley as you need CTS-V accessories or a custom pulley.

All of this is being addressed in the thread above.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Thanks buddy! I'm new to this forum and to blogging (is that right?). I haven't posted pics because my kids haven't helped me with that! I love all the help here!
Old 12-13-2014, 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by magiriley
Just wondering/dreaming, would the Cadillac cts-v blower fit on other engines? Trucks, older gen camaro etc?
The older Fbody will have issue with fitting the blower under the hood. The TVS blowers are too tall & require very intrusive modification. A few people have done it but it requires trimming to the windshield & removal of the windshield wipers etc... Not to mention hood fitment issues as well. You can however squeeze in a smaller PD blower ie: Maggy 112 built specifically for the LS1 config. I think Hawks Third Gen still offers the kit.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello and welcome to the forum. As stated earlier a search will "sometimes" turn up what your looking for but not always and even then it may be a long read to find the answer. My understanding is the entire cts-v serpentine system including wp, pullies, brackets and such needs to be used to keep the alignment in order for the supercharger. G.L. with your search.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:33 AM
Teching In

I figured it wouldn't be as easy as just bolt ing it on. I saw there were used ones for sale and was just dreaming of horsepower.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by magiriley
I figured it wouldn't be as easy as just bolt ing it on. I saw there were used ones for sale and was just dreaming of horsepower.
Yeah me too! Id love to throw one on my 6.2 denali but Im not going through all that conversion crap. By that time I could have just bought a used Whiple or Maggie and been light years ahead in the labor and research dept.

Quick Reply: cts-v supercharger