Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Suggestions on WBO2 Sensor Placement

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suggestions on WBO2 Sensor Placement

I've got my wastegate plumbing finished and I'm about to finish the rest of my exhaust. I'm curious where the best place to stick my O2 bungs would be. I've seen a lot of varying opinions such as angle and distance from turbos. My plan is to run one in each downpipe. Question is should it be before or after the wastegate return? My pipes go down and outward so if I put the bungs just after the wastegate return they'd be angled down slightly to keep the moisture off, but should they be closer to the turbo? Here's a pic of my setup so far:
Old 12-21-2014, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Doesn't really matter if it's pre or post wastegate return. I dump to atmosphere, my o2 is roughly 10-12 inches behind turbo. I still get the same reading at the tailpipe. Where ever you have the most room when everything is installed. Somewhere after the 90 would be fine.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Rule of thumb is 10× the diameter of your exhaust pipe from your turbo. And 1ft from the tip of your exhaust. And place it someware between the 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock on your exhaust.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:33 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RatCityRex
Rule of thumb is 10× the diameter of your exhaust pipe from your turbo. And 1ft from the tip of your exhaust. And place it someware between the 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock on your exhaust.

really ... anything 18" from the turbo is sufficient
and you want it at least 18-24 inches from the tailpipe exit... a foot is not enough

also, while anything from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock is acceptable, its best to try to get it as close to 12 o'clock as possible

Quick Reply: Suggestions on WBO2 Sensor Placement