Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Build Questions

Old 12-28-2014, 05:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Build Questions

I have a few different builds running through my head so it's time i got some advise.

Option 1. I am looking at doing an ERL 427 6 bolt head conversion, looking at going outside the box and running mast mozez heads and then converting an eaton 2300 blower to suit the heads intake ports......Sounds hard but can certainly be done.

Option 2. Same ERL 427 but instead running Mast or frankenstein LS7 heads with the eaton 2300 blower that comes standard to fit the LS7 port style.

Car is a street/track car/dyno queen for numbers based only on the 2300 blowers....have a bit of a love for the 2300 blower wanting to keep it all under the hood with a central throttle body location so an OTR can be used.

Option 2 is obviously cheaper i know that, not an issue though, i guess the question is are the mozez heads too big is the air flow restriction in both heads so minimal that there is not going to be much of a difference in power output?

Any and all advise is welcomed.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:44 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Stock ported heads could max out an Eaton 2300. So could a stock 6.0 block with a forged stroker kit. I don't understand why you're going so overkill to run a 2300. Mozez heads are used on 3500 HP pro-line motors. They aren't in any way necessary for what you're doing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Build Questions