Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need to clean up engine bay/ vacuum lines ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to clean up engine bay/ vacuum lines ideas?

Im sick of my engine bay looking like ****. I have wires running everywhere. Vacuum lines look like hell. I reused the stock vac block on the mustang, and got some pretty big lines if you ask me they are to big. So I have my wastegate lines/ boost controller lines running off the the turbo housing/elbow. Then other lines for various things running off a few different locations. Map sensor has its own line running off intake spacer. So obviously I should still run 2 separate blocks? 1 for waste gates and boost controller off the housing. And then 1 for everything else? Can i tie the MAP into a block or should it be separate? Any input on lines to get? Maybe a cheap vac block to get ? Any help appreciated.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have nearly all the same stuff you have in the engine bay as you, however you can see our bays look very diffrent.

I took have a vaccum block. It has my map sensor, fpr signal, bottom of the wastegates. I tapped the back of the manifold for the fitting for the block.

I tapped the compressor cover for the boost signal for the top of the gates via the boost control solinoids. Then I also tapped the manifold right behind the throttlebody for the blow off valve.

The best advice I could give is don't be afraid to pull out the drill and tap. Lines and wires that you do need to run, run then as straight as possible following the lines of the valve covers? Did you notice my wite harness? When you take that approach of effectively hide things in plain sight. My fpr is also mounted low on the firewall down by the trans tunnel. Right where the fire wall 45s before turning to the floor.

Hope it helps.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:31 AM
8 Second Club

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

I would not have the fpr near the firewall unless you dont plan on racing.

There is a lot of stuff you can do, on my car I have one main line that goes out the back of the intake and into the car, from there is feeds my map and gauges so all is hid
Old 01-12-2015, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rotary1307cc
I would not have the fpr near the firewall unless you dont plan on racing.

There is a lot of stuff you can do, on my car I have one main line that goes out the back of the intake and into the car, from there is feeds my map and gauges so all is hid
Not worried about it. Gonna get raced a ton. On the street. You can't see it, and I'm sure the retard techs at the track won't even notice.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Quick Reply: Need to clean up engine bay/ vacuum lines ideas?