Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LM7 Z28 Build Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM7 Z28 Build Questions

Hey guys, first turbo build in an fbody looking to get some perspective. First off ill state my power goals are somewhere around 475-500 whp not really looking to make nay more than that, wont be drag racing just looking for a mean street car The car is a 99 z28 4l60e will be built before the build. Already have a nice low mileage 5.3 LM7 my plans are

Stock Bottom End LM7
Ls1 Cam
LS1 Intake
LM7 Heads
PAC Springs
Hardened Pushrods
LS9 Gaskets
Head Studs
60lb Inj

Gonna Be doing a t76 of some sort probably basing off the cx racing kit on ebay planning on running run 10 pound wastegate, from what ive read the lm7 can easily handle 10lbs correct me if im wrong please , will be on 93 octane pump gas. With this sort of setup and the power goals ive mentioned what am i looking at as far as fuel pump will a single 255 work?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

There isn't a whole lot of info floating around about the CXRacing kit, so don't expect much help if you run into problems. CX usually makes generic fitment type kits that usually have to often be modified, so I hope you have a welder.

No, theres nothing wrong with running 10 lbs on a LM7. Your parts list looks fairly solid, and it can be done with a single 255.

On3 and VS Racing both have good budget turbos. On3 is a dealer here. You can get a complete kit from them for fairly cheap.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been doing more research i think im gonna be going with on3 seems to be very complete and i have seen alot more finished products with their kit

im gonna roll with the single 255 pump and the 60 pound injectors should work fine im hoping for my power goals

Quick Reply: LM7 Z28 Build Questions