Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ls3 to lsa conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ls3 to lsa conversion

Hey all. I'm building an ls3 from l92 block and ported ls3 heads. I was contemplanting whether to increase the ci to 416 or go and do the lsa conversion. So here are a few questions.

1. I've read that stock ls3 rotating assembly is pretty stout. The only upgrade im going to make is using arp rod bolts or katech. Should I upgrade the main stud?Thinking abt high 500 hp max. What is the different between katech and arp besides price? I will also be going with morel tie bar lifters.

2. I'm gonna get a used ctsv or zl1 supercharger. What shld I look for when buying a used unit. Besides the reluctor need to be change.

3. Can I use ls3 valley plate or lsa? Or are they the same thing.

4. I'm gonna use ls9 cam and headgaskets. Any reasons why I shld go against it?

5. What is the different between ctsv ,zl1 and zr1 superchager. Is it worth the upgrade? How about the magnuson,edlebrock units?
Old 03-10-2015, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

Skip the supercharger, do a 416 with ported heads, medium cam and make 500rwhp +

The LSA supercharger can be had for $750 used and then needs injectors/rail and the intercooler lid for another $700 approx. But the pulleys need to line up also. It can make 600rwhp+ with headers/pulley upgrade/tune/e85.

For simplicity and your 500hp goal just stay n/a stroker.

Quick Reply: Ls3 to lsa conversion