Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Megasquirt on a C5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 02:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Megasquirt on a C5?

I have a Haltech which needs to be spliced into the c5 wiring to take the factory ecm out of the engine management but retain it for the gauges and tranny control ect....

I've been seeing great results on the megasquirt and now that they are supporting tranny control (with another megasquirt) that is looking appealing.

the car is a ttix TT and one of the things that attracted me was a flex fuel sensor to run e85. and the Haltech does look great and has a new version out that supports drive by wire and traction control

but I'm drawn to the megasquirt and am curious if anyone has tried tapping one into the c5 wiring similar to the Haltech?

seems like it would work in a similar way with a much cheaper price point albeit sacrificing a few things like flex fuel

anyone implement a megasquirt on the c5?? the tuning and interface capabilities look great and similar to the "big guys"

I priced out the install on the Haltech and several shops quoted me more than the system cost which surprised me a bit.

thanks for any advice
Old 06-17-2015, 01:59 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

interested in this too
Old 06-17-2015, 03:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

You could wire virtually any ecu in as a piggy back.

It'll just take a little patience/knowledge to work through what to connect etc. Of course a shop will charge, it is a labour intensive process even more so if they arent familiar with the platforms.

And surely the MS can run a flex fuel sensor ?
Old 06-22-2015, 06:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
You could wire virtually any ecu in as a piggy back.

It'll just take a little patience/knowledge to work through what to connect etc. Of course a shop will charge, it is a labour intensive process even more so if they arent familiar with the platforms.

And surely the MS can run a flex fuel sensor ?
not sure the megasquirt offers a flex fuel option but that would be great

I'd heard you can also use them as a transmission controller but it requires another dedicated MS

the holley does both and may be the best option but it's pricey

thanks.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

The newest version of Megasquirt to offer flex fuel control, I know Denmah has tried it out. I am not sure, but the built in transmission control from a single Megasquirt box should be coming out soon (EFISource?). I like megasquirt so far, but I also have the plug and play "Gold Box", which is almost as pricey as the other systems on the market.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:47 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by rkreigh
not sure the megasquirt offers a flex fuel option but that would be great

I'd heard you can also use them as a transmission controller but it requires another dedicated MS

the holley does both and may be the best option but it's pricey

thanks.
Compared to other stuff, the Holley is pretty good value. I wouldnt say best option, but it is probably the easiest option if there are people already using it, and it does seem very popular now in the US which again will be helpful for any support.
The fact it also does engine/trans in a single box, also makes a lot of sense for people to choose it, if that's what they need.

Quick Reply: Megasquirt on a C5?