Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Rear Mount Setup, Lots of advice / clarification needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Mount Setup, Lots of advice / clarification needed

Hi Everyone,
I have been researching doing a rear mount turbo setup in my holden commodore senator wagon for many months now, i have read through countless threads (inc zombies) but im hoping i can get some clarifications.

MY engine - LS1, ported heads, 220/230/113 530/550 lift cam
Driveline - Built A4 2100 converter 3/46 diff
My Goal - 400-450 rwhp, (aiming 8psi) nice fat torque curve, good street drivability (i take this car to work and the kids to school every day)
Fuel - Main fuel LPG, secondary E85 (ecu mixes E85 with the lpg under WOT)

Questions...

I already have long tube pacemaker 4-1 extractors on the car (ceramic coated) i know these are definately far from ideal for a rear mount, but realisticly how much different will they make to casties (they are fkn horrible to get in / out of the car with the engine in)

I have a holset HX40 turbo here (8 blade - 16cm2 rear) will this be sufficient ?

Exhaust - i was planning on tunning twin 2.5" cats into a single 3" system back to the turbo, how ever i can get a stock system very easily (twin 2" into single 2.25" i believe) which would be the best route ?

Heat Wrapping - i was planning on heat wrapping the meter before the turbo (and possibly ceramic coating that aswell), would it be more benificial for me to heat wrap the whole system ? (keeping in mind i see dirt roads aswell) or would i be best of using some VHT Silicia paint and painting / baking the whole system ?

Muffler - I was planning on running a large round muffler (like a flowmaster) directly off the back of the turbo, will this cause any back pressure issue or anything of the kind ?

Wastegate - Holset HX40 has an inbuilt gate (though it is very small), am i best off weldking it up and running a single large gate (44-60mm?) ? or would it be just as easy to run the internal gate + a 38mm external ?

Cold piping - outlet of the holset appears to be 2" maybe 2.25" would it be best for me to run 2.5" cold pipe back to an intercooler and then go 3" from intercooler to throttle body ?

Many thanks guys
appreciate all your help

Dan
Old 10-11-2015, 03:19 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry I can't help with your questions, but what LPG setup are you using, and what ECU to run it all?
Old 10-11-2015, 04:50 AM

Its a King Vapour injected system.
it uses its own ECU that piggy backs the normal LS1 ecu and modifies injector pulse accordingly (aswell as adds in E85 when needed)
Still run the E85 timing map on LPG (dictated my LS1 ecu)

Quick Reply: Rear Mount Setup, Lots of advice / clarification needed