Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Is this a good boost cam?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 04:41 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Is this a good boost cam?

Attached is the cam card for the cam that was installed in my motor before i bought it. Specs aren't too far off from some turbo cams i have seen, but the intake lift is pretty large.

It would be ran in an LS1 (possibly with a 4" stroker crank), and a 78/75 turbonetics front mount turbo setup, and I am at high elevation.
Attached Thumbnails Is this a good boost cam?-cam-specs.jpg  
Old 10-29-2015, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Unless it's going to cause ptv clearance issues, more lift is seldom a bad thing. And even then, you can always flycut your pistons.

You don't see many forward split cams for the LSx these days, but I have always seen them (forward split cams, that is) associated with turbo applications.

Run with it, see how it goes. You already have it.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:06 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have already ran it I don't have anything else to compare it too as that is all i have ran with the turbo, but right now i have the engine out to rebuild. I had no idea what was in it before, so got the cam card from comp cams. I was thinking i would be better off to swap the cam while the motor is out of the car, but I was surprised by the specs of the cam to be fairly close to what i need.

Seems like most prefer cams with more exhaust duration with turbos...

Quick Reply: Is this a good boost cam?