Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LQ4 for boost.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 for boost.

Hey guys,

So I currently have an LQ4 ripped down to the block in my garage and am curious as to what the best brand of cam bearings would be to go with in this thing, as thats my next step.

I want to twin turbo this thing. I've been looking at twin 60mm's with .63-.81A/R exhaust turbine housings.

I'm looking to stick with the stock bore, just get a hone. Motor supposedly has 160,000KM's on it. Would that require getting +.005 pistons or?

Going to freshen up the stock heads and run them for now, lightweight valves, nice springs, rocker arms, etc. This block should have 317 heads on it stock, correct?

What size of injectors? I'm looking at a Holley mid-rise intake at the moment. Would I be better off with a hi-rise, mid rise or more of a factory style intake?

Whats the consensus on pushrods for a boosted engine?

Looking to do forged pistons & conrods, but was just going to run the stock crank. I don't wanna go too far over 600HP until I can build the 4L80E & the rest of the drivetrain up a bit more. (Advice there?)

Also, I'm going to have to start with a mail order tune, and then figure out where the closest reputable dyno shop is to me in Northeastern BC here... Will more than likely be driving the truck 1500ish KM's to Kelowna or Vancouver for a proper tune with the mail order tune, so I do need it to run well, but tame for the break in.

Who would be the best guys to go to for the mail order tune?

Also, who are the go-to guys for a wiring harness?

Motor & transmission is going into a 4-linked 1994 K1500 Z71 weighing in at roughly 5,000lbs. Probably a bit more after all of this is in it, that was with the 350/4L60E and stock leaf springs out back.

Any advice here is welcome guys. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Chris6060; 12-09-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buuuump.

Quick Reply: LQ4 for boost.