Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS intake questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS intake questions

Hi everyone! I am gearing up to put a 5.3 with a single turbo in a 40 Ford car. I am going to have limited room to do so. The car currently has a recessed firewall so my plan is to put the turbo above and behind the engine sort of. I'm trying to decide on what intake to put on it. I'm going to try to make the engine look old, so I'd like to not use a factory LS type intake. Coils won't be on valve covers etc. I was looking at Edelbrock ram air type intakes, but I have seen these on other cars and am wondering if it might work for me as well. I plan to run 317 heads, change cam, valve springs, injectors, and build the 4L80E. Plan is to have 550-600hp in the end. I also plan to put an intercooler behind the grill too. Hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails LS intake questions-lsintake.jpg  
Old 12-14-2015, 05:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

There is no reason for that not to work, I used a Vic Jr with an intake elbow on my Camaro with a ProCharger. It would work with a turbo too. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-14-2015, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, thanks for the response. I think it'll be the best bet for space since I don't have a lot of room to play with.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, system like Bob has will work just fine. I am helping a buddy do a TT 302 in a 2dr Exploder. Intercoolers are exiting on each side so I am going to plumb the piping into a Y coming from the front to the TB, Just like Bob's picture, Using an X-celerator again.

I ran an X-cellerator that I made flanges for & used 4" Aluminum wide-radius elbo on my last 302 Twin Turbo. Just get some $30 injector bungs & weld em up. Youll need a hold-down system for the rails.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 40FordDeluxe
Bob, thanks for the response. I think it'll be the best bet for space since I don't have a lot of room to play with.
You're welcome. It'll make plenty of power! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: LS intake questions