Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger piping and hoses question

Old 01-11-2016, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger piping and hoses question

hey guys have a 99 trans am and i had the dual intercooler setup from procharger, but i am now going with a front mount intercooler. Does anyone know if i can just reuse the same piping and hoses i had for the dual intercooler setup?
Old 01-11-2016, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably can use some bends in the piping but no its not going to be the same. You will need to add some piping the routeing is different
Old 01-12-2016, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SStressin
You probably can use some bends in the piping but no its not going to be the same. You will need to add some piping the routeing is different
thank you
Old 01-12-2016, 05:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like suggested you can probably use some of the rubber 90's but the actual piping is going to be smaller than the standard used 3" pipe. What intercooler are you going to use? Have you already got it mounted? Are you going to use the Procharger red race valve? If you have fabrication skills I would suggest buying a milti angle pre bent kit and making your own piping like many here have done. All you need is a cheap ( $120 ) flebay kit with 3" aluminum tubing, couplings, and band clamps. The correct kit will have 2 of each of the following pieces of tubing; 90 deg bend, 45 deg bend, 180 deg bend, and straight pipe. Each piece is about 24" in length. I had several small pieces left over from my build so there is plenty in the kit with careful planning. If you are intrested in taking this approach P.M. me a phone # and I will text you some pics of how mine is put together. I was able to use the truck hat with the big filter and keep all piping above the stock plastic air deflecters on the bottom of the bumper. I also did almost no trimming to any stock plastics and keep the stock air foil as it was with no trimming. The only thing I removed was the air injection pump but thats been long gone.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-98-02...r-Assembly.htm
ATI 98-02 LS1 F Body Twin Intercooler Assembly

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1GJ11...-1GJ115-IC.htm
ATI 1GJ115-IC LS1 F-BODY 1300 HP Race Intercooler Upgrade Kit

You can see what works from the twin intercooler kit for the front mount from the above two links. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Procharger piping and hoses question