Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Scavenge pump wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scavenge pump wiring question

Hey gents, wiring up my pump here and I got it just about wrapped up. The only issue I am running into is finding the signal wire source for the scavenge pump relay. Some say to splice into the fuel pump wire. Issue with that is there are two fuse boxes and two separate ports for the fuel pump. One box houses a 20 amp fuse and one box has a grey relay. which one do I tap into, and to do this do I just tap into the wire going to the bottom of the fuse block? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man, for my signal wire for my scavenger pump I tapped into the fuel pump wire. Directly off the PCM. Just make sure which wire you jump into. If you want some help just message me. I'm sure I have which wire written down in my notes somewhere. It's quite easy to do hoenstly. The biggest pain is getting the PCM back in its slot lol. Just relax and have a good time with it. It'll all be worth it in the end.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

What did you end up doing? Im in the same situation and thinking about tapping into the grey wire under the relay or the green/white one.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

You guys are making it complicated. Ground the pump.....then use the acc (key on) slot in the fuse box by the drivers door for the hot wire...done. You can put an in line fuse on the hot wire for protection, no relay is needed.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

The pumps will draw up to around 5-6A. I would put a relay and proper power source/wiring in it unless you are 100% sure the feed you use for the pump is fine with this extra loading.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
The pumps will draw up to around 5-6A. I would put a relay and proper power source/wiring in it unless you are 100% sure the feed you use for the pump is fine with this extra loading.
The acc port is fine with the amp draw, been running it this way for quite a while now. There is absolutely no need for a relay. All that's needed safety wise is an inline fuse.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ended up getting a time delay relay (2sec -3min) adn will install it tonight. I dont want my pump running if I have just the radio on.

Quick Reply: Scavenge pump wiring question