Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharged LS1 breater tank setups

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharged LS1 breater tank setups

Have a forged ls1 procharged on 14lbs what are you guys using, pcv or catch cans with breathers? Was going to use breather cans with -10 hose. Have been blowing out my rear main seal and other gaskets from to much crank pressure.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go take a look at Mighty Mouse catch cans.
PVC can set up. ( it has a one way breather on it as well).
Great setup, you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you have your pvc routed now? I don't have a catch can on yet but have only saw oil in my intake pulling from the valve cover? I hope with a catch can on it will take care of that. I run mine right now per the instructions in the kit manual.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Last year I ran the LS-6 valley cover and a hose to a fitting behind the throttle body-during the winter build I noticed oil in the TB and vacuum lines
I looked at the MM setup, but couldn't swing it right now, so I used a cheap oil sep in the line-after a short drive, I had oil in the sep., so I switched from the valley cover to the truck PCV valve in the pass side, no more oil
I use a breather in the oil filler, so hopefully that allows some crankcase pressure to get out, since the PCV doesn't work with a loss of vac.
I also use a check valve in the PCV line so I don't blow boost into the engine
Attached Thumbnails Procharged LS1 breater tank setups-dscn1499.jpg  
Old 03-20-2016, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldn't you Benefit from running the ls6 valley with catch can together? Or would the pcv with catch can be just as effective?
Old 03-21-2016, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

torque storm super charger +10-12psi

Stock Valve covers, driver valve cover PCV valve into moroso oil/air seperator (3/8" ID hose), into a McMaster Carr one way check valve into 3/8" hose into the intake. Pass side valve cover with 3/8" hose into a vented filtered catch can.

The check valve opens (only in engine vacuum going toward intake manifold at .3psi) and is completely closed in the other direction (boost) so I can't pressurize the crank case when in boost. All air/pressre will be forced out the pass side valve cover into the catchcan. When out of boost and in vacuum the setup switches so the check valve opens and sucks crank case pressure out while fresh filtered air comes in through the oil catch can on pass side.

I haven't run it yet but close to starting it up. I figured the 3/8" hose should flow enough since stock was 3/8".

Quick Reply: Procharged LS1 breater tank setups