Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

bmr k member help please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bmr k member help please!!!!

I posted this in the suspension area but got no response. I have a bmr turbo k member. I installed it without the engine and it has always looked crooked. I noticed that the driver side engine mount stand looked like it was further back than the passenger side. After holding a straight edge on it I confirmed it was exactly 1" further back. Is this normal? First ls build so I don't know...if anybody has their engine out could you check for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. For some reason I can't upload pics.

Car is a 97 z28 with an ls1 turbo k member.

Last edited by dracula4999; 03-19-2016 at 03:31 PM. Reason: more info.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

I actually jus installed a turbo k member for my 01 ss last week. I can say that the fitment was poor but it did fit. first thing I would do if I were you is call bmr and ask them. I had to call them over a couple things and they actually have great customer service and helped me very quickly. I mounted my motor onto the k member then dropped the body down onto it and it bolted right up. so my motor is already in but if I can measure anything with the motor in just let me know..
Old 03-19-2016, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

I just realized your a 97 lt1 car. not sure if these will be different?
Old 03-19-2016, 08:51 PM
Teching In

It's a 97, but has the 98-02 k member. Tried calling bmr but they are out til monday. I still need to order motor mounts since the parts stores don't have any, if it wasn't for that I would have just tried it out. It would probably be hard to mea sure what I'm needing to know with your engine in, but thanks anyway.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's really the only way to find out, test fit the block with the tranny to see if all your mounting holes line-up. When I installed mine years ago, I noticed that the transmission tail was a bit closer towards the passenger side, the bolt holes on the trans cross member were just a tad off, but nothing a little tweaking could not fix to get them all lined-up. I guess having solid engine mounts didn't help either, if it was off to begin with.

Last edited by Boo"SS"t; 03-20-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Quick Reply: bmr k member help please!!!!