Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger hood clearance issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger hood clearance issue

I have a 2002 SS and had the vortech supercharger with inner cooler setup. Hood was modified so that the setup would fit. I broke the block and now I'm installing a 6.0 LQ4 with the Paxton NOVI1500 supercharger. I was told that the supercharger is too big for the SS hood and that i will need to cut a hole in the hood. Was told that the SC sits about 3/4" past the hood. I was also told that I can lower the engine cradle with 1" spacers so that the SC will clear the hood. Any advice.

Thanks,
Old 03-29-2016, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Have you looked into any of the various vendors offering different bracket setups? Seems like there are more than a couple centrifugal supercharged 4th-Gen's running around on this forum, and I haven't heard of this being an issue until now. I know space is limited in the engine bay, but I would imagine you have options that don't require cutting a hole in your hood or lowering your cradle.

Maybe some engine mount sliders to push the motor back an inch, might give you the 3/4" clearance you need.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason im going this route is because of the vortec setup i already have. Im just buying a new bracket and bigger sc. So by moving the engine back, what all is included? Just the sliders? What about the tranny or rear end. Is there enough play between the drieshaft and tranny so i wont have to move everything back?
Old 03-29-2016, 02:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

It would be way easier to lower the engine if that is all the is required, than to move the engine as that gets into transmission crossmember and driveshaft mods. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Supercharger hood clearance issue