Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS kit or stay bolt ons ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 05:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default STS kit or stay bolt ons ?

I pickup a new toy this week with intentions to sell it down the road. The car came with a Full Catted kooks long tube system with 3 inch cat back, 3 inch tail pipes and nice tips. I think it's a flow master muffler tho
While looking for parts online I came across a sts non intercooled kit. After speaking to buddy he wants to trade my complete exhaust for his sts kit with stock manifold and y pipe. What do u guys think.

I love my Vette but it only has room for one passenger and I have two young kids and a wife The kids get into wars over who gets to go for a cruise with dad. So I picked up this car to keep everyone happy and hopefully make a few bucks flipping it down the road.

What do u guys think. The car as I got it makes decent power for a stock motor with an air intake, full exhaust and tune.

Need some advice guys. Sts kit on 5-8 lbs or just leave it alone. My only expense to do this would be the cost of a fuel pump and tune. My buddy has a dyno and is more then will to help me out with it.
If I don't get the kit I know I won't be able to leave those 98 perimeter bolt heads on a end up spending cash on some 243s and Maybe a cam.

Leave it alone or swap for the kit ?
Old 04-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

STS is a good choice for the situation, it easiest to install and reverse when that times comes to sell
Old 04-12-2016, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would swap for the kit. The kit is worth more than the exhaust, and will make alot more power with lower cost and time involved.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ehhh, I am hesitant on this one. A 5psi non intercooled STS kit is going to probably net you like 40hp over what you make now. Some of this will be counteracted by how much more the kit weighs. Also, what condition is the kit in? It would be horrible if the turbo was on it's way out or something. In my opinion, I would keep your stuff and add a cam soon.

Quick Reply: STS kit or stay bolt ons ?