Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS6 for boost.Trying to decide how to build, need input

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 06:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS6 for boost.Trying to decide how to build, need input

Hey guys, hoping you can help me out. Buying an LS6 block from a friend this week thats just been bored .10 over and cleaned up as well as a fresh turned crank with it. Looking to slowly start piecing together a motor for my C5 for when the stock ls1 decides to let go (or possibly for my t/a if it gets done first). I know whatever I end up doing will be FI but not sure how yet, I'd imagine if I set it up for the T/A it will be a big single turbo, if i set it up for the Vette it will be a Procharger. My main concern right now is the shortblock and making sure I put the right stuff in it. Gonna do this over the next year so not in a rush but I atleast want to get get a plan together to give myself a good direction.

So what do you guys think would be better, build a stroker or stay stock stroke? My power goals for either build would be in the neighborhood of 650-750 with potential to grow. I plan on investing some good money in this setup and want to do it right. Any input is greatly appriciated. Thanks guys!
Old 04-18-2016, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

don't overthink it, and Stock GenIV block will meet your goals, but if you want to build, keep stock stroke, cam for boost while you're at it.
depending on your budget, you can use GenIV rods. the copy and paste recipe for a basic boost build at that power level is stock crank, callies rods and whichever forge piston of your builder chooses, typically diamond or wisecos. through some ARP mains bolts in it and call it a day. pin the crank while at it since procharger was mentioned.
have fun, this rotating assembly should be good for 1000, you'll find other limits before you outgrow it

Quick Reply: LS6 for boost.Trying to decide how to build, need input