Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LQ4 and Vortech V3 Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 and Vortech V3 Suggestions

Ok guys new to the forum as an actual member. Lots of great advice on here. I currently have a 355ci SBC running a Vortech V3 through a blow through E85 carb. Looking to make the switch to fuel injection and putting together a package with an LQ4 pullout that I already have and utilize the V3 again. This will be going in a 70 Nova, mini tubbed narrowed 9" ford, cal tracs, adjustable shocks etc. Will be running a 4l80e.
LQ4 Motor has 317 heads, if the bearings looked good and clearances aren't out of line, I was considering running an ls9 cam, upgrading valve springs, putting an oil pump in the motor and seeing how long it will last. High mileage motor but still has light cross hatching in the bores. Is it worth my time to do this without going further into the motor, I read many different accounts from guys on how much RWHP they are putting down without breaking parts and wanted some thoughts on this setup? I will be running a dominator ECU that I pickup up used to tune the setup and will likely incorporate water/meth as well to be safe if needed.

Quick Reply: LQ4 and Vortech V3 Suggestions