Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

5.3 with LSA and hotcam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post 5.3 with LSA and hotcam?

I am trying to find out some info for my Dad. He is having a local builder (and I use that term loosely) put together a 5.3 and add an LSA blower and use a Hotcam (Hydraulic Roller, Duration at .050 in. 219/228, Lift .525/.525, Chevy, 5.7L, LS1) to put in a 95 S-10. I don't have a lot of confidence in the builder and am trying to get some other opinions before he moves forward with this. The guy is a long term friend of my Dad and has some knowledge of putting V8 into S10s but thats about where his expertise ends. I don't have a lot of faith in the builder because when I asked him questions, like what PCM/harness or accessories he is going to use he just give me a blank stare and changes the conversation. I originally tried to persuade my Dad to just put the 5.3 with a cam and have fun with the truck but he wants the blower. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

After machine work, upgraded parts, LSA port adapters, he should've just done a 6.0 with LSA or ls3 heads. Way more airflow and power potential. A new LSA forged crank is under $600... To run a cast crank and drive it hard would be silly on a blower setup due to the additional stress on the snout.

Quick Reply: 5.3 with LSA and hotcam?