Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

putting radiator flat down?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting radiator flat down?

I've seen a few cars do this and have been looking around for a smaller radiator to do this with my car or maybe run 2 small radiators. but I'm not sure on the size and have been having some trouble finding ones if you guys could give some sizes that would be great.

thanks.
Jesse
Old 03-28-2023, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

That is a nice size core 480 frontal square inches. The issue is on these cars/trucks is the stop and go and air conditioning. If you get some good dual 12 inch fan or a big 16-17 inch single. The new trend is brushless. You can look at Dewitts for fan set up they have a nice single brushless 16-17 inch fan with and adjustable shroud. I think the shroud is 18 inches tall and adjusts from 22 to 27/28 inches. Here is a photo of it at a 24 inch width. Also the guy above had a good idea if you can find an OEM fan you will need to do all the electrical there. The Dewitts is a plug and play and hook up a few wires. You cut the shroud to your width in your case you would leave it alone a 27.25 inches. With fans it is all about the amp draw as far as a flow when it is behind something. They have these fans that draw 10 amps and flow 3,000+ cfm but put them behind an actual radiator and they flow 1,000 cfm. You want you fans in total to have at least 30 amps of draw. Think of it like a big block chevy vs a small block chevy - when you get 4 heavy guys in your car and you go why is the car so much slower. The big block its less noticable.

Old 03-29-2023, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Double06
That is a nice size core 480 frontal square inches. The issue is on these cars/trucks is the stop and go and air conditioning. If you get some good dual 12 inch fan or a big 16-17 inch single. The new trend is brushless. You can look at Dewitts for fan set up they have a nice single brushless 16-17 inch fan with and adjustable shroud. I think the shroud is 18 inches tall and adjusts from 22 to 27/28 inches. Here is a photo of it at a 24 inch width. Also the guy above had a good idea if you can find an OEM fan you will need to do all the electrical there. The Dewitts is a plug and play and hook up a few wires. You cut the shroud to your width in your case you would leave it alone a 27.25 inches. With fans it is all about the amp draw as far as a flow when it is behind something. They have these fans that draw 10 amps and flow 3,000+ cfm but put them behind an actual radiator and they flow 1,000 cfm. You want you fans in total to have at least 30 amps of draw. Think of it like a big block chevy vs a small block chevy - when you get 4 heavy guys in your car and you go why is the car so much slower. The big block its less noticable.

Is that a dual pass radiator?

Quick Reply: putting radiator flat down?