Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

most boost I can expect with jgs red spring and boost controller?

Old 10-11-2016, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default most boost I can expect with jgs red spring and boost controller?

What have you guys seen, I want to be 15-20 max, I'm trying to get familiar with the spring ratings. I opened it up, and it has the red spring in it.
Also are jgs springs interchangeable with anything that anybody knows of? The gate in question is their large 60mm unit thanks
Old 10-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What boost controller are you using? that is what will control it unless you are going to run on the spring... the red is only 3-4psi
Old 10-11-2016, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc50lx
What boost controller are you using? that is what will control it unless you are going to run on the spring... the red is only 3-4psi
Thanks for response,
It will be just a manual screw type for now, uses 1/4" lines same fittings as on the wastegate, I know this because this is the second one I ordered.....whatta ya gonna do.....
So are you saying it's not nessacary to get a heavier spring to run more boost as long as I use a controler? Thanks
Old 10-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct however the manual type only use boost pressure as to control boost so I wouldn't trust it to get you up to 15-20psi and stay very consistent.Basically at 3-4psi it will force the spring open, now if you add pressure to the piston or diaphragm of the wastegate it essentially adds spring pressure,but you cant quickly adjust springs so that is why CO2 or boost pressure is added. A good boost controller AMS2000 for instance will let you control boost by speed, gear, MAP, etc. I would do a CO2 setup to apply pressure to the gate that way it is good reliable source and less of a chance to mow your motor down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: most boost I can expect with jgs red spring and boost controller?