Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boosted Dorman truck intake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by truckdoug
dot to dot could mean anything these days bro. you GOTTA degree that thing.

dot to dot on the 5.3 in my daily (that uses this intake) was 6* retarded!

finally got my intake running a bit better...it had compressed a bit around the bolt holes (there are no washers or load spreaders like the stocker) so I'm sure it was leaking a bit.
but the VE tuning so far is going well. Just needs some spark tuning and then I'll put it back on the MAF

pardon me for not going back through your thread to find it, but what is your cam specs?

there are some pretty good calculators out there to estimate vacuum from given cam specs.

but again, dont fixate on a the highest possible vacuum signal. just get one that is stable for your motor.
understood. I have never degreed a cam but I prob should have. I asked cam motion and told them I don't want to degree it and just slap it in and they said there cams after grinding them go through a cam doctor to verify the specs are on point. Without a adjustable timing set I wouldn't have been able to adjust the cam timing anyway... I just went with a stock LS2 style cloyes timing set.

cam specs are 214/228 .561/.561 115.5 +4.5 and it has about -10* overlap.

I know im not going to get the full 19" vacuum when my stock cam only pulled that much but what's driving me nuts is that I can't change vacuum with timing or rpm at idle. If it idles at 900 or 650 the idle is the same!

good to hear about the intake! There are a few things I'm not a fan of on the dorman. One being the mourning bolts and holes. When I get this thing figured out I'm going to put washers under the bolt heads to help spread the load alitte
better and your right about not having the crush preventative bolts as well. I actually pulled more vacuum with the dorman than the stocker even though it was just an inch or so.

Quick Reply: Boosted Dorman truck intake?