Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TT & intake combo question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TT & intake combo question

i'm currently in build phase on my monte carlo (twin precision 6262, ls3 w/ ls9 cam.) up until this point, i have intended to use a holley hi-ram intake, in hopes that the 417 intercooler would clear my 2" cowl hood. well....it won't. So a friend suggested switching to the mid-ram. from some history posts, i'm gathering that the mid-ram is not the best intake, even compared to stock. my question is: is it going to be a noticeable difference in a FI application? or should i just stick with the hi-ram & go fmic?
Old 03-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Good luck with that intercooler. Been a lot of guys here say they don't cool for sh*t.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by WFO_SS
i'm currently in build phase on my monte carlo (twin precision 6262, ls3 w/ ls9 cam.) up until this point, i have intended to use a holley hi-ram intake, in hopes that the 417 intercooler would clear my 2" cowl hood. well....it won't. So a friend suggested switching to the mid-ram. from some history posts, i'm gathering that the mid-ram is not the best intake, even compared to stock. my question is: is it going to be a noticeable difference in a FI application? or should i just stick with the hi-ram & go fmic?
The holley intakes suck, but not in a good way. For the bulk of your driving in a street setting, N/A rules apply. FI can overcome many NA deficiencies for a track #, but the rest of the time you still have deficiencies. A list of your goals for this ride would elicit more helpful responses
Old 03-12-2017, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Intake is not much of a factor in power loss or gains with a turbo unless your getting into sheet metal ones. Run whatever fits best for your application. If you loose 5 hp who the hell cares. Turn the boost up more
Old 03-12-2017, 03:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by WFO_SS
So an intake that will shine above 7k...and a cam that probably wont see much over 6k ?

Will any of the intakes restrict overall power made as a single number ? probably not.

Quick Reply: TT & intake combo question