Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tvs1900 on 402/408 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tvs1900 on 402/408 stroker

I been seeing some impressive numbers with this blower (lsa supercharger) but I have yet to see anything on anything bigger than a 6.2L do you guys think it's to small for a larger bore engine?
Old 05-06-2017, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Too small. Go with a 2.9L minimum IMO
Old 05-06-2017, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gula187
I been seeing some impressive numbers with this blower (lsa supercharger) but I have yet to see anything on anything bigger than a 6.2L do you guys think it's to small for a larger bore engine?
Define "larger bore"? 402/408 is only a 4"-4.030" bore which is still smaller than a stock 6.2 bore of 4.065. But regardless the TVS/LSA 1900 is a bad little blower. With the right compression you'll be fine with a 408. Plenty of people making 700+ with it on 417 strokers or big bore 388s. Enough to get plenty of heavy CTSVs into the low low 9s.

I own a 2.9 Whipple, 2.3 ZR1 blower and a couple 1900 LSAs. I would have a hard time picking between the 2.9 and 1900.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

A lot of the 376 guys crack 700rwhp with the 1.9, but for the price difference you'll have more room to grow with a bigger blower.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RealQuick
A lot of the 376 guys crack 700rwhp with the 1.9, but for the price difference you'll have more room to grow with a bigger blower.
Ok you know this first hand because I'm sure you've used both blowers and maxed out both blowers

There's no comparison as far as price goes. You can get a fully CNC ported and rebuilt LSA with Lid, and rails for roughly $3200. Don't see a used and abused 2.9 Whipple going for under $4500. By all means I'm a Whipple guy but the gains from a 2.9 Whipple over a properly put together 408 LSA isn't worth it.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by supermaro
Ok you know this first hand because I'm sure you've used both blowers and maxed out both blowers

There's no comparison as far as price goes. You can get a fully CNC ported and rebuilt LSA with Lid, and rails for roughly $3200. Don't see a used and abused 2.9 Whipple going for under $4500. By all means I'm a Whipple guy but the gains from a 2.9 Whipple over a properly put together 408 LSA isn't worth it.
i don't need first hand experience to know that s 1.9L is small for a 408ci. 2.9L will crush it and leave head room. That's like saying the hot cam is good because YOU made xxxrwhp with it, when the reality is there are better options than the hot cam (1.9L in case you didn't get the analogy).

if the originator posted and had said he was on a $4500 budget and hopes to makes 700rwhp, then sure, give the 1.9L a try. Most FI guys don't want to build it a setup that hits the ceiling quick... room to grow is good (if that interests the originator).
Old 05-06-2017, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

i don't need first hand experience to know that s 1.9L is small for a 408ci. 2.9L will crush it and leave head room. That's like saying the hot cam is good because YOU made xxxrwhp with it, when the reality is there are better options than the hot cam (1.9L in case you didn't get the analogy).

if the originator posted and had said he was on a $4500 budget and hopes to makes 700rwhp, then sure, give the 1.9L a try. Most FI guys don't want to build it a setup that hits the ceiling quick... room to grow is good (if that interests the originator).
Did the OP ask opinions on other blowers? If he did sorry I missed it

He asked how that blower will perform on a bigger bore. Which OP should've asked how it would perform on a bigger stroke. Regardless that blower will perform amazing. Yes from personal first hand experience with both blowers. I'll put that 1900 against any 2.9 LS vehicle around. The 1900 will keep up with a 2.9 on a 376, 388, 402, 408, 416, 417.

Last edited by supermaro; 05-06-2017 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Did the OP ask opinions on other blowers? If he did sorry I missed it

He asked how that blower will perform on a bigger bore. Which OP should've asked how it would perform on a bigger stroke. Regardless that blower will perform amazing. Yes from personal first hand experience with both blowers. I'll put that 1900 against any 2.9 LS vehicle around. The 1900 will keep up with a 2.9 on a 376, 388, 402, 408, 416, 417.
it will be a performer with the 1.9L, not saying it won't.

OP, what are your goals for the car?
Old 05-07-2017, 04:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by gula187
Why not state some goals or expectations ?

And what are you claiming as "impressive" numbers ? And are they supported by "impressive" real world results ?

If it is for a tow vehicle that might never go over 3-4000rpm, it might work just fine.....depending on exactly what you're wanting it to do though
Old 05-07-2017, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

OP depending on vehicle application. But with the right vehicle, and supporting mods it'll go quicker than 9.8s@140+. Say a 4th gen with the right cam, compression, trans, converter, rear gear and fuel to support it. It'll rev above 3,000-4,000 RPMs.

Too many clueless turbo experts chiming in
Old 05-07-2017, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

OP depending on vehicle application. But with the right vehicle, and supporting mods it'll go quicker than 9.8s@140+. Say a 4th gen with the right cam, compression, trans, converter, rear gear and fuel to support it. It'll rev above 3,000-4,000 RPMs.

Too many clueless turbo experts chiming in
lol. Continue giving your hotcam advice. You show your biased knowledge by stating you'd put your 1.9 up against anyone else's 2.9L. The sad part is you could make more power and be faster if you slapped on a 2.9L on your setup. More air in and more air out typically leads to more power when set up right. Just because you have had various other setups that didn't perform as it should (not proper as Hio likes to say), don't fill the OP's head with bad info. Instead you attack me because you think you are right. You need to learn how to not be so sensitive. I do enjoy living rent free in your head though.

OP, go to camaro5.com and search for LSA setups. A lot more guys running them with different setups you can read thru. You could always reach out to ADM who sell hundreds of these setups, see if they think it's a good blower for a 408ci. Depending on your goals they might say "it's fine, but not ideal". You can see your aren't getting many responses here...
Old 05-07-2017, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol. Continue giving your hotcam advice. You show your biased knowledge by stating you'd put your 1.9 up against anyone else's 2.9L. The sad part is you could make more power and be faster if you slapped on a 2.9L on your setup. More air in and more air out typically leads to more power when set up right. Just because you have had various other setups that didn't perform as it should (not proper as Hio likes to say), don't fill the OP's head with bad info. Instead you attack me because you think you are right. You need to learn how to not be so sensitive. I do enjoy living rent free in your head though.

OP, go to camaro5.com and search for LSA setups. A lot more guys running them with different setups you can read thru. You could always reach out to ADM who sell hundreds of these setups, see if they think it's a good blower for a 408ci. Depending on your goals they might say "it's fine, but not ideal". You can see your aren't getting many responses here...
Excuse me but who the hell are you again? Who sold you this hot cam again? I need to thank this person for taking your lunch money.

If you want to go on other forums. Go on the CTSVowners forum. You'll see the big boys pushing that blower to its potential. Heck what would they know those are the original vehicles that came equipped with that blower. You'll also see countless let downs of that famous 2.9 blower. Yea turns out they don't like to be spun at say that rated RPM continuous speed.

Btw RealQuick those numbers on your sig with an M6 and turbo are kinda pathetic. You should change your name to NotQuick. Shouldn't you be like in the 1k+hp range? I highly doubt with those numbers you've ever seen a 10 sec pass. I guess you're right you should swap out that hotcam you're probably running.

Last edited by supermaro; 05-07-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned both the 1.9 Easton, 2.9 whipple, and now a 3.3 whipple and I think you maybe thinking the bigger blower will win simply because of its capacity. This would be true if both blowers operated to the same max speed but they don't. Given that the 2.9 output that per revolution its max speed of 18,000 becomes a limiter real quick and after rebuilding them already because it broke due to overspend, you can not overspin them. On the 1.9 though many have had success running them at 26,000 rpm so by simple math knowing that total flow is what makes power:

Whipple 2.9 - 2.9 x 18,000 = 52,500 L per min
Eaton 1.9 - 1.9 x 26,000 = 49,400 L per min

So even though the blower volume is 35% bigger on the whipple, the total output is only 5-6% more. Mind you, this is without porting of the 1.9 and honestly with the porting they become virtually identical in flow.

What the OP needs to consider in the combo though is what fuel he will run and there fore the boost. Where the whipple will shine over the eaton is when it will be above 16psi or so. The eaton starts tanking in efficiency once you go above that so considering that his motor is over 400", it should be just fine. There are simple spreadsheets you can find on the interwebs to calculate what to expect with both blowers given the cubes and I think if I were in the op's shoes I would put money into compression (10.5-11), E85, and a ported 1.9L.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Not just thinking airflow, IAT' like u mentioned. Nobody wants to push a 1.9L if the IAT's are 300F lol.

bigger blower = more airflow at a more manageable IAT, that's why it is better.

No different than running an undersized turbo... compressor is out its efficiency range and pushes hot air.

like you mentioned.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Excuse me but who the hell are you again? Who sold you this hot cam again? I need to thank this person for taking your lunch money.

If you want to go on other forums. Go on the CTSVowners forum. You'll see the big boys pushing that blower to its potential. Heck what would they know those are the original vehicles that came equipped with that blower. You'll also see countless let downs of that famous 2.9 blower. Yea turns out they don't like to be spun at say that rated RPM continuous speed.

Btw RealQuick those numbers on your sig with an M6 and turbo are kinda pathetic. You should change your name to NotQuick. Shouldn't you be like in the 1k+hp range? I highly doubt with those numbers you've ever seen a 10 sec pass. I guess you're right you should swap out that hotcam you're probably running.
who am I? I am the guy living rent free in your head pal. Unlike you, I don't think 1000hp is achievable with an undersized compressor, but you can keep trying to convince people of that.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

OP if you have doubts contact Vengeance racing. They've done plenty of 408/417 LSA builds. They're currently doing a 408, CNC LSA heads, ported blower on a 4th gen TA for an employee. It's a solid combo as stated over and over.

Facebook Post
Old 05-07-2017, 03:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Eaton MAX RPM

Hi, the ONE concern I have is that Eaton STATES a MAX RPM of 18K for the GEN-III 1900 TVS.

Lance
Old 05-07-2017, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pantera EFI
Hi, the ONE concern I have is that Eaton STATES a MAX RPM of 18K for the GEN-III 1900 TVS.

Lance
Eaton blowers have almost always been overspun. From the crappy jackshaft design to this work of art blower. Will the bearings last for ever? I Doubt it. But bearings fail at factory blower speeds as well. Hell my Whipple bearings failed at 17k RPMs. Figure if bearings will fail regardless might as well enjoy the blower.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/PRI2014s...heet%201.1.pdf
Here's a chart of what LPE suggest.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I vote 2.9 just to **** off supermaro

Quick Reply: Tvs1900 on 402/408 stroker