Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Updated build list looking for suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 04:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated build list looking for suggestions

Alright so the build is a LQ4 with LS3 top end and a turbo. Its going in a 99 Camaro with a 4l80 and some sort of a rear end (9", Moser, S60 whichever I can get the best deal on) What I need help with so far is turbo choice and rear end gear.

Engine:

LQ4 bored .030 over to a 370"
Stock Crank
Lunati Rods
Diamond pistons with a 15 dish
After market Camshaft to be custom ground by vengeance racing once I have more details
Stock LS3 heads with valve job ls7 lifters and trunion upgrades
LS3 intake and Nick Williams TB

Turbo kit is a up and forward set of stainless works headers that have a T4 Flange already welded on

Now here is where I have concerns. The T4 turbo really seems to limit the size of the turbo I can go with and due to the up and forward headers I am really limited on the physical size of the turbo I can use. I have been leaning towards a Comp 7875 turbo. This will be on pump gas (91 cali gas sucks). From what I have read however it is a real challenge to get these things over 700hp as they really start to run out of steam on a 370ci engine. Which is right where I want to be. I'm also afraid to run a turbo where I spin the **** out of it due to longevity issues. Are there any turbos that are of a similar physical size that will meet my goals?

Also as far as rear end size I know these things to have a load on them does anyone see any problems with running a 3.23 rear end gear ratio.

Any suggestion I would appreciate greatly. Thank you for your time
Old 06-05-2017, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump!!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by silvea
Alright so the build is a LQ4 with LS3 top end and a turbo. Its going in a 99 Camaro with a 4l80 and some sort of a rear end (9", Moser, S60 whichever I can get the best deal on) What I need help with so far is turbo choice and rear end gear.

Engine:

LQ4 bored .030 over to a 370"
Stock Crank
Lunati Rods
Diamond pistons with a 15 dish
After market Camshaft to be custom ground by vengeance racing once I have more details
Stock LS3 heads with valve job ls7 lifters and trunion upgrades
LS3 intake and Nick Williams TB

Turbo kit is a up and forward set of stainless works headers that have a T4 Flange already welded on

Now here is where I have concerns. The T4 turbo really seems to limit the size of the turbo I can go with and due to the up and forward headers I am really limited on the physical size of the turbo I can use. I have been leaning towards a Comp 7875 turbo. This will be on pump gas (91 cali gas sucks). From what I have read however it is a real challenge to get these things over 700hp as they really start to run out of steam on a 370ci engine. Which is right where I want to be. I'm also afraid to run a turbo where I spin the **** out of it due to longevity issues. Are there any turbos that are of a similar physical size that will meet my goals?

Also as far as rear end size I know these things to have a load on them does anyone see any problems with running a 3.23 rear end gear ratio.

Any suggestion I would appreciate greatly. Thank you for your time
T4 here, 820/910 with a precision 7675....through a t56. Now it makes 745/1000 through a th400 and an on3 7875, this is south a 365 inch ls2. As far as gear goes, I'm running 2:73 with a 26 inch tire and LOVE them.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

What are your options for a downpipe setup? There are bigger turbos that are T4's... PT88, Borg Warner units, etc.

Quick Reply: Updated build list looking for suggestions