Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

mazda b2200

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017 | 06:30 PM
Teching In

Default mazda b2200

swapping an ls 4.8 into my 1990 b2200that had a sbc 355 in it already and wanted to turbo this LS but dont know anything about the manifolds wanted to get some info befor i started trial an error
Old 06-07-2017 | 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got finished doing this to a 94 (almost finished) its a pita. I flipped them up and forward, cut the flanges and welded vbands on. Then had to slot the holes for the column to tug it over 1/2 inch or so. No chance of using a power steering pump with the stock bracket because of how low i have the engine.

Down and forward or a manifold that is a shorter distance from the head would help. Ill try to get some pics up of my setup when i get a chance. Been trying to slam the small **** together lately...
Old 06-16-2017 | 11:12 PM
Teching In

im possibly going to invest into some hooker headers for cheap, had a guy give me some good feed back off his attempt. you are right about the little stuff, getting all the fuel system sorted out is hassle but not to bad.
next in the wire harness, i made the mistake of cutting everything for weight and full on drag setup but im looking forward to friday night meets

what suspension set up are you running?
Old 06-17-2017 | 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4.8rcsb
im possibly going to invest into some hooker headers for cheap, had a guy give me some good feed back off his attempt. you are right about the little stuff, getting all the fuel system sorted out is hassle but not to bad.
next in the wire harness, i made the mistake of cutting everything for weight and full on drag setup but im looking forward to friday night meets

what suspension set up are you running?
Everything is stock right now. I plan to add a caltrac style system to the back eventually.

I am now fighting with some idle tuning woes. First time going this deep with hptuners, but ive got nothing but time to learn lol

I also got mine with an 8.8 already in it, which is strange for a scsb 4 cyl 2wd. May end up swapping to the stronger explorer 8.8 eventually, if i break the smaller ranger style 8.8

Quick Reply: mazda b2200