Very nice.
Thanks! Stuff starting to show up!
Old 08-06-2017, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

The next project I have to tackle.
ls1 ps pump.
2004 Tahoe hydroboost
2005 gto steering rack. Gotta make it all work together on this car.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, in the Intrest of keeping things clean in the engine bay, I picked up this 10an orb vacuum block, it has 6 1/8 npt ports on it. Going to run the brake booster port off the back of the Intake into the car under the dash, run my Hobbs,boost leash, fpr etc all off of it.

Also this car car will have cruise control, anyone ever mounted the module under the dash and hooked it to the gas pedal instead of the TB?
Old 08-10-2017, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like my l33 5.7 machine work is done, can't wait to go pick that up. Ordered my new pump and head gaskets, assembly and final install soon hopefully!
Old 08-12-2017, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got my undercover innovations firewall cover on , ilooks tons better! Also shaved and deleted the old column shifter mount. Been wanting to do that for years! My complete fuel system is finally here, time to get tho work.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Done
Old 08-12-2017, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sure cleaned things up!
Old 08-14-2017, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hello darling!
Old 08-14-2017, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now that my injectors car in I was able to finish the harness! Time to loom it!
Old 08-15-2017, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Engine bay portion of my harness is complete, came out nice! Very pleased with how it came out.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well did some final test fitting on the turbo stuff, time for some powdercoating. My engine needs to get the machine work work done so I can get this thing together permanently.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This thing is badass!! That filter is pretty close to the ground there, looks like a good dyson vacuum replacement. You might get some tree branches and stray cats sucked up in there haha
Old 08-16-2017, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lowchevytrucks8503
This thing is badass!! That filter is pretty close to the ground there, looks like a good dyson vacuum replacement. You might get some tree branches and stray cats sucked up in there haha
haha thanks man, I need to trim the elbow and I can gain anouther 2-3" of ground clearance, I'm getting really excited to finish this thing. It's going to be a pretty potent combo I think.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at your set up.... im thinking youre not running your inner fenders?? Im at the point of fitting the monster in mine and darn it takes up some room!!!! I have the inner fenders primed and filled all the holes etc.... almost ready to paint, but wondering if im gonna run em or not. It complicates things fo sure... but it looks more finished i think and could/would protect all the parts from rock throwing.....

Lead
Old 08-16-2017, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hellsx
Looking at your set up.... im thinking youre not running your inner fenders?? Im at the point of fitting the monster in mine and darn it takes up some room!!!! I have the inner fenders primed and filled all the holes etc.... almost ready to paint, but wondering if im gonna run em or not. It complicates things fo sure... but it looks more finished i think and could/would protect all the parts from rock throwing.....

Lead
correct, some day in may try and make some adjustments to fit the inners in, I certainly tried to retain them. My primary goal was an effecient turbo setup. I spent about two days trying to fit this thing in here and keep the inner fenders, but I'm the end I wasn't happy with the looks of the pipes and all the extra angles I would have had to make
Old 08-16-2017, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Harness is all done minus the vss sensor.

I need to finish the vss on this for my th400. I have a Dakota Digital cluster, complete with the pulse adapter for the mechanical speedo that says it has 128,000 ppm. I was planning on running the pulse generator to the ls pcm via the vss, and then getting the DD dash pulse from the 4K output from the ls pcm. Has anyone done it this way?

Anyone have an answer for this?
Old 08-18-2017, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Stuck my dash on last night, played with boost controller mounting locations. This will work for now. Also mounted my pcm and fuse block last night under the dash
Old 08-18-2017, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
correct, some day in may try and make some adjustments to fit the inners in, I certainly tried to retain them. My primary goal was an effecient turbo setup. I spent about two days trying to fit this thing in here and keep the inner fenders, but I'm the end I wasn't happy with the looks of the pipes and all the extra angles I would have had to make
I hear ya, i played on mine again yesterday, i cut 2 ears on the block that were in the way from letting me run my shorty ebay headers down and forward (the new shorter ones from speed engineering) instead of UP / forward. They almost fit!! But id need to bang a tube around a steering box cap bolt and also raise the motor like half an inch, which is easily doeable with my Dirty Dingo sliders. Still playing with best scenario... The trouble (apart from its size!) is i want the turbo facing and showing in the grille nicely, im at the point i have almost no rad support left its so opened up LOL!! But all this also gives me more space to put it more forward in the grille.

Anyway, i saw your going to run a boost leash?? Hummm.... Im not too familiar with it as its only the second time i see someone using one. Would you care to give us some details on it and how it installs/ works? It does look like a nice set up.

Not beeing too "wiring" my real "problems" in my build are all related to that part of it. Thats also why im looking at the FITech kits sometimes, then, im back to wanting to go the Holley route.... but then the (the HP) only has like 4 inputs and outputs and that seems to be the limiting factors of it... especially as a few of them already get used just to manage boost so, im interested in looking at other ways of controlling boost, but to me, it all looks like more wiring, circuits, vaccuum lines etc etc and then i just run away and get to work on something else to change my mind!! LOL!!!

But im getting there, so, ill have to decide what im gonna run and do it!!! The car is on its 4 wheels, full roller now. Brakes are done. Motor in last night with trans, rad support on. Turbo fitment going on. So its no a long way to a test firing!!

We have very similar projects and i really like following yours.

Any info you care to share i'll gladly listen to,

Keep workin at it!!

Lead.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awrsome man! Congrats on making so much progress! I too hardly have any rad support left lol.

Here is a demo for the pulse leash. The box I have is both the Boost leash, which is the boost controller, and the pulse leash which is a bump box. Combo unit. This is my first time getting this sophisticated so I can't offer much input yet haha.

Do you not plan on running an intercooler?

Originally Posted by Hellsx
I hear ya, i played on mine again yesterday, i cut 2 ears on the block that were in the way from letting me run my shorty ebay headers down and forward (the new shorter ones from speed engineering) instead of UP / forward. They almost fit!! But id need to bang a tube around a steering box cap bolt and also raise the motor like half an inch, which is easily doeable with my Dirty Dingo sliders. Still playing with best scenario... The trouble (apart from its size!) is i want the turbo facing and showing in the grille nicely, im at the point i have almost no rad support left its so opened up LOL!! But all this also gives me more space to put it more forward in the grille.

Anyway, i saw your going to run a boost leash?? Hummm.... Im not too familiar with it as its only the second time i see someone using one. Would you care to give us some details on it and how it installs/ works? It does look like a nice set up.

Not beeing too "wiring" my real "problems" in my build are all related to that part of it. Thats also why im looking at the FITech kits sometimes, then, im back to wanting to go the Holley route.... but then the (the HP) only has like 4 inputs and outputs and that seems to be the limiting factors of it... especially as a few of them already get used just to manage boost so, im interested in looking at other ways of controlling boost, but to me, it all looks like more wiring, circuits, vaccuum lines etc etc and then i just run away and get to work on something else to change my mind!! LOL!!!

But im getting there, so, ill have to decide what im gonna run and do it!!! The car is on its 4 wheels, full roller now. Brakes are done. Motor in last night with trans, rad support on. Turbo fitment going on. So its no a long way to a test firing!!

We have very similar projects and i really like following yours.

Any info you care to share i'll gladly listen to,

Keep workin at it!!

Lead.

Last edited by Cwarta; 08-18-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Project Nova - The quest for 1000hp VS s480 l33 347