Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbonetics please help!!

Old 07-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonetics please help!!

I purchased and installed the Turbonetics CARB legal turbo kit on my 2012 Camaro SS and had a severe oil leak at the oil drain off the bottom of the turbo - the rubber gasket failed almost immediately after install - I had 2 of these rubber gaskets in the kit so I removed the turbo (hugh project) and installed the second rubber gasket which failed as quickly as the first one - Such a severe failure that it was a fire danger - The Turbo Heat Blanket was also soaked with oil to the point of a fire danger - I contacted Turbonetics immediately about my problem and was told that they replaced the original gasket with this rubber gasket because of problems and that I probably overtightened the rubber gasket and did not install lock tight on the bolt - I looked carefully looked thru the installation instructions and found no special torque requirements or lock tight on this rubber gasket and bolts and I asked for a new rubber gasket and Heat Blanket but was declined - Does anybody have a good contact at Turbonetics to get this resolved, I am not happy with their customer service with this problem?
Old 07-10-2017, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Dude.....Go to the parts store get some high temp RTV, I used copper looking stuff and fix it yourself.

Get rid of the gasket altogether. Clean both sides good with brake clean, apply and reinstall drain flange to the turbo.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

A rubber gasket for the oil drain ? That sounds all wrong.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 493 Likes on 380 Posts

Mine came with a stamped exhaust mainfold style gasket...
I put a thin film of high temp RTV on it and its never...yeah I'm not falling into that trap.
Find a better gasket or no gasket and high temp RTV lol.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I've had good luck with Ultra Black RTV on my Turbonetics.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a gasket sealer from the dodge dealer. Its diesel exhaust gasket sealer. Super high temps and has worked great. Hard as hell to get the seal to break when you need to remove the fitting. I also used it on the flange and when removing the turbo had to hammer a gasket scraper/putty knife between the turbo and flange to break the seal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbonetics please help!!