Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger FMIC bumper cutting

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Procharger FMIC bumper cutting

for those of you who have this intercooler, will it fit without cutting the bottom of the bumper like shown in the instructions if you mount it with different brackets or fab up your own way of mounting it? Maybe angling it?
Old 09-21-2017, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cut the center out behind the grill. That's all.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I just did mine. The ONLY area I cut on the bumper cover is right behind the plate filler area. I had to trim both "splash guards" due to the truck inlet hat needing room and then the other side close to the race valve and the pipe leading from blower to blow off valve.

I also had to slightly trim the long narrow piece that is directly below radiator on the passenger side to allow for the piping to fit up. Hard to explain but NOTHING fit like they made it sound like it would. Instructions never stated to remove the splash shields that I could tell of but I saw no other way.. Not happy but what can you do giving what I did.

As for the BOTTOM of the bumper (where the 3 push pins went into brace I think) I just have mine resting on the bottom of the intercooler. It is kinda wavy. When I get bumper back on after fixing my meth leak I will take a pic and show if wanted.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks alot!
Old 09-22-2017, 06:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,745 Likes on 1,303 Posts

I haven't cut anything on my front bumper and my IAT's haven't been bad. I'm only running about 5psi, but have given it some good pulls and they stay reasonable. I do have a massive air filter off the blower inlet that gets cooler air from underneath the car though.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

if my intercooler was mounted up a little higher i wouldnt have had to trim my bumper. But the way it is i had to cut the bumper just like the procharger instructions state .
Old 09-24-2017, 07:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Here are some pics of mine i just got installed.

I have the intercooler as low as it can go because if i raise it more it hits the "relocated" horns and other areas.

Quick Reply: Procharger FMIC bumper cutting