Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo

Found a company that will install a twin turbo kit and tune my 2010 camaro ss with the ls3 for me. Before I do this does anyone have experience with adding this to it. If so what should I watch for or be warned about? Or does anyone have any advice for me before I say screw it and have it done?

This system includes:

• 2x Stainless Steel Tubular Manifolds
  • 2x UPP-5871 Turbos
  • 2x Down-pipes
  • 2x Intakes w/ Filters
  • 2x TurboSmart 40mm Wastegates
  • TurboSmart Race Port BOV
  • 8x 60lb/hr FIC Fuel Injectors
  • Front Mount Air-to-Air Intercooler
  • Intercooler Piping
  • 3-Ply Silicone Couplers
  • Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps
  • Stainless Steel Oil Feed/Return Lines W/AN Fittings
  • Spark Plug Wires
  • Coil Pack Relocation Kit
  • Radiator Vanity Cover
  • All Necessary Hardware and Fittings
Old 08-05-2018, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I say install it yourself and then tow it to tuner but I enjoy the wrenching that's why I built such a big shop. We have the ls turbo s10 twin turbo ls new edge and tvs2300 2010 camaro. Camaro worried me at first because it's so new and pretty but knowing the engine bay inside and out makes it easy to diagnose problems if they ever come up. Knowing where every wire sensor hose bolt etc is the fun part
Old 08-05-2018, 06:14 PM

I've never built a turbo car so I have no idea how to install or what to watch for just wondering if I should get any extra parts to not blow the whole motor or what have you
Old 08-05-2018, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks like the kit has pretty much everything with it. Not sure if fuel pump was upgraded or if dual pumps are part of it but my biggest accessories for a turbo car are gauges. Trans temp water temp I run 2 fuel pressure gauges I learned my lesson about having one and it be wrong or bad so now I have one in the pillar pod and one mechanical one mounted straight to regulator so I can see it when hood is open. I attach warning lights where I can for things like low oil pressure low oil level low fuel pressure. Oil temp is also a good one. I also like to have one fuel pump on a hobbs switch so when I'm in boost the extra pump kicks on. I have had a few real bad issues over the years all related to oil pressure oil level and fuel pressure going lean a wideband that reads real time is nice if u don't have a data logger to go back and monitor your runs. I don't tune my engines but I learned how to read the logs so I can catch an issue before it becomes catastrophic. Now enough of the horror story. Quality turbos and wastegates as well as intercooler and bov are a good thing the injectors seem sized appropriate. What fuel are u going to run 93 pump gas or e85 also any mention of Methanol. What's the over all power goal
Old 08-05-2018, 06:52 PM

I plan on running straight pump gas for now until I can do my internals power goal to start off at around 600 to 650 and go from the real goal is to hit sub 10 second 1/4 low 9 high 8 sec
Old 08-06-2018, 06:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have no stake in the matter, but consider the AGP twin turbo system for the 5th gen Camaros. Lots of good results at camaro5.com, andcI know several people personally that have or had the kit. Works great.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Would have to echo the above comments. I'm sure there are other good kits out there, but AGP really seem to have it nailed.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also recommend AGP.