Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Billet 7875 problem fitting

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 08:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Default Billet 7875 problem fitting

so I’m installing my vs racing billet 7875. I went to slide my down pipe in it and the 3” pipe won’t fit. So I grabbed a fresh rice of 3” pipe and tried to slide it in, won’t fit. Slides right in my on3 cast wheel 7875. Anyone else had this issue? I’m pretty agitated right now too because ive bern flap wheeling the housing for the past hour and my arm is killing me. I chucked it up in my lathe to bore it but because of the imbalance, I don’t want to chance it. I really don’t feel like getting hit upside the head with a exhaust housing lol. Did I just get a oddball one?
Old 12-23-2018, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
so I’m installing my vs racing billet 7875. I went to slide my down pipe in it and the 3” pipe won’t fit. So I grabbed a fresh rice of 3” pipe and tried to slide it in, won’t fit. Slides right in my on3 cast wheel 7875. Anyone else had this issue? I’m pretty agitated right now too because ive bern flap wheeling the housing for the past hour and my arm is killing me. I chucked it up in my lathe to bore it but because of the imbalance, I don’t want to chance it. I really don’t feel like getting hit upside the head with a exhaust housing lol. Did I just get a oddball one?
What do you mean "slide it in". Is it not v banded?
Old 12-23-2018, 11:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Game ova
What do you mean "slide it in". Is it not v banded?
yes it has a v band. I’ve learned a little trick tho. You slide the v band on the pipe and let the pipe stick out a little past the v band and it will slide into the compressor housing, lining it up perfectly and holding together straight while you put the clamp on. Also helps seal it better. It slide right on my on3 turbine which looks identical to this one except the exhaust outlet hole is about .020 smaller. I had to flap wheel of for about two frigging hours to get it to fit. Not real happy about it to be honest.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Yea I’ve never been able to fit a 3” pipe into the exhaust housing on my CX 76/65, vs cast 78/75 or my VS Billet 78/75. The cast housing opening was just a tad to small. You could have used a carbide bit and been done in about 5 min.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by customblackbird
Yea I’ve never been able to fit a 3” pipe into the exhaust housing on my CX 76/65, vs cast 78/75 or my VS Billet 78/75. The cast housing opening was just a tad to small. You could have used a carbide bit and been done in about 5 min.
yea you right but I wanted a smooth finish. Guess I’ll take this into consideration on the next unit i get. May have to just stick with on3