Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cheesball meth injection?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 01:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

If your going to the track why not just run race gas? Or run pump and lower the timing and turn the boost up, pretty basic really. Otherwise save until you can get a real meth kit, they aren't even that expensive.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
I've tested various washer fluid pumps. Unrestricted, they put out just as much volume as a high pressure pump with a misting nozzle. Unrestricted flow from pump to pump is one thing, but nozzle vs no nozzle is different.
Spraying them pre-turbo rids the need for the nozzle. The vacuum, velocity, and pass through the compressor takes care of any atomization issues.
If you can find room, an OEM Tahoe/Yukon washer bottle works well, as it has two fluid pumps built into it.

I like this idea. i have some high flow nozzles that may just work for this, itll give me a nice way to mount the nozzle in in air filter boot.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

I just get a brass hose barb, thread it into the tube and push the stock washer fluid hose onto the barb. Doesn't need to be complicated.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:07 PM
TECH Veteran

I just get a brass hose barb, thread it into the tube and push the stock washer fluid hose onto the barb. Doesn't need to be complicated.
now that just sounds too simple. I think i should machine some sort of special titanium/carbon fiber/tungsten fitting and put some flashing lights on it? lol
Old 01-02-2019, 04:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

I've tested various washer fluid pumps. Unrestricted, they put out just as much volume as a high pressure pump with a misting nozzle. Unrestricted flow from pump to pump is one thing, but nozzle vs no nozzle is different.
Spraying them pre-turbo rids the need for the nozzle. The vacuum, velocity, and pass through the compressor takes care of any atomization issues.
If you can find room, an OEM Tahoe/Yukon washer bottle works well, as it has two fluid pumps built into it.
I tested my big AEM pump fairly considerably. In the real world I would rate it at around a 1200cc effective pump ( give or take depending on nozzles used ). It may flow more at lower pressures, but in the reality of how they are used, that's about all they will actually flow ( 1200cc actual flow tested with 1600cc worth of nozzle )

I really cant imagine a windscreen washer pump flowing that much, and definitely not at 100+psi. Although I'd like to see any test results of other pumps.....nobody ever seems to test any though !

Certainly from my actual in-situ tests, I can only imagine actual spray from a lot of people running 2 very big nozzles must be borderline very poor. I did try mine with a bigger nozzle for the pair, and the big one really was rubbish, so I switched back to the smaller one although it's still a reasonable amount.

Nor do the pumps with these jets get anywhere near the 200+psi claims. Against a dead head they might make 200psi, or with one very small jet...but in the real world, max I see is about 150psi

Although in this case a windscreen washer wouldnt need to spray that much of course, but at the same time it would need to spray more than what you might use for a 4cyl car.
And if spraying pre-compressor, I'd say even more so you want good atomisation, but that would negate the pump needing to fight boost, and you could build a reservoir that had boost applied to it, to assist the pump too, which I did myself some 25+ years ago, although on a small 1300cc turbo engine

But really, an AEM pump is $135.

Is it really that much to spend ?
Old 01-02-2019, 04:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
I tested my big AEM pump fairly considerably. In the real world I would rate it at around a 1200cc effective pump ( give or take depending on nozzles used ). It may flow more at lower pressures, but in the reality of how they are used, that's about all they will actually flow ( 1200cc actual flow tested with 1600cc worth of nozzle )

I really cant imagine a windscreen washer pump flowing that much, and definitely not at 100+psi. Although I'd like to see any test results of other pumps.....nobody ever seems to test any though !

Certainly from my actual in-situ tests, I can only imagine actual spray from a lot of people running 2 very big nozzles must be borderline very poor. I did try mine with a bigger nozzle for the pair, and the big one really was rubbish, so I switched back to the smaller one although it's still a reasonable amount.

Nor do the pumps with these jets get anywhere near the 200+psi claims. Against a dead head they might make 200psi, or with one very small jet...but in the real world, max I see is about 150psi

Although in this case a windscreen washer wouldnt need to spray that much of course, but at the same time it would need to spray more than what you might use for a 4cyl car.
And if spraying pre-compressor, I'd say even more so you want good atomisation, but that would negate the pump needing to fight boost, and you could build a reservoir that had boost applied to it, to assist the pump too, which I did myself some 25+ years ago, although on a small 1300cc turbo engine

But really, an AEM pump is $135.

Is it really that much to spend ?

it depends. If you ran out of money (like me for the moment) and you could get by with a cheaper, unconventional way, then yea. But I get where your coming from from and what your saying. And I don’t disagree. I’ll have to see what’s in my budget. I just need all kinds of crap right now. And I’m impatient.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Dont buy a plasma cutter, buy a meth pump....and dont blow your engine up with something that may not work as expected. That will get expensive.

Although in that sense as already said, the cheapest safest option is the octane booster etc.

And whilst toluene can be used. I've done it before and wouldnt again. It tends to make the exhaust put out some black smoke, it stinks, the oil ends up stinking of it. And that isnt even using it in huge quantities.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:58 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
it depends. If you ran out of money (like me for the moment) and you could get by with a cheaper, unconventional way, then yea. But I get where your coming from from and what your saying. And I don’t disagree. I’ll have to see what’s in my budget. I just need all kinds of crap right now. And I’m impatient.
PROTIP: Don’t race your car while you’re broke!
Old 01-02-2019, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 354 Likes on 259 Posts

Dont buy a plasma cutter, buy a meth pump....and dont blow your engine up with something that may not work as expected. That will get expensive.

Although in that sense as already said, the cheapest safest option is the octane booster etc.

And whilst toluene can be used. I've done it before and wouldnt again. It tends to make the exhaust put out some black smoke, it stinks, the oil ends up stinking of it. And that isnt even using it in huge quantities.
The actual product I used is Sherwin Williams reducer no. 4...it combines toluene, xylol, and ethylbenzene. I put a little MMO in it and mixed it in a 5 gallon jug before putting it in the car from there as to not have it anywhere near the car in pure form. I didn't notice any of those issues, but I was able to add timing.

Taken from wiki...
Ethylbenzene...Ethylbenzene is added to gasoline as an anti-knock agent, meaning it reduces engine knocking and increase the octane rating. Ethylbenzene is often found in other manufactured products, including pesticides, cellulose acetate, synthetic rubber, paints, and inks. =left] Used in the recovery of natural gas, ethylbenzene may be injected into the ground.

Not a long term solution or economical for regular use, but it is legit as a home brew race fuel.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:26 PM
TECH Veteran

i had to buy the plasma. I’ve got to build a turbo kit for a guy. Gotta spend money to make money kind of thing.

I just just wanted to originally know if I could cobble some bullshit together that would allow me to run a measly 2psi more boost. Because I’m on the edge right now. That’s all.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kfxguy

i had to buy the plasma. I’ve got to build a turbo kit for a guy. Gotta spend money to make money kind of thing.

I just just wanted to originally know if I could cobble some bullshit together that would allow me to run a measly 2psi more boost. Because I’m on the edge right now. That’s all.
There is a way, take a note from a lurker and search harder. Maybe have a look at the chupacabra cart build. Ebay a Chinese rv 12v pump. Some industrial nozzles. A basic hobb switch or run it off of some output on your boost controller.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1slowvw

There is a way, take a note from a lurker and search harder. Maybe have a look at the chupacabra cart build. Ebay a Chinese rv 12v pump. Some industrial nozzles. A basic hobb switch or run it off of some output on your boost controller.

thx. I do actually have everything except a pump. I have a hobb switch but I’m going to use my boost controller instead because I’ll have way better control.