Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Tensioner (C5)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger Tensioner (C5)

Hey! New guy here, and i'm kind of stumped on this, hoping you pro's can help me. i picked up a used P1sc-1 kit for a C5, supposedly a Gen 1 kit, and i think i'm either missing the tensioner, or i'm just not smart enough to figure it out. The instruction manual seems a little contradicting, one page says it uses the factory tensioner that's just relocated, another page suggests the tensioner should have came with my kit, if i'm reading it correctly. The bracket only has 1 hole for the tensioner pulley, but the only tensioner that i have for my engine has 2 bolts, and normally mounted on the water pump. I spoke with Bob at BruteSpeed and he said it should use the factory tensioner as well, but like i said, it has 2 bolts compared to the 1 bolt hole here. Can post more pictures if needed. Thanks in advance!

full engine info:
2004 LS6
PRC 2.5 heads
224/224 cam
Warr TB
Katech rod bolts
ZEX stealth nitrous kit
T-56 (Viperized)

1988 Mazda RX-7

Old 02-24-2019, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I know your trying to accomplish your specific task, but to avoid future problems invest in an updated bracket. I contacted a and a Corvettes and have an updated tensioner and belt without much belt slip.