Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Side Mount Twin Turbo Kits???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Smile Side Mount Twin Turbo Kits???

Does anybody make a side mounted twin turbo kit for 4th gen F-bodies these days? I know that APS out of Australia used to make a kit like that, but I don't think that they offer it anymore.

I'm not interested in front mounted turbo kits, because they put too much heat into the engine compartment and most can't be run with factory fan, A/C, or radiator positions.

I had a though about rebuilding a APS kit if someone had one to sell, does that sound like a crazy idea? I know that the later APS kit didn't come with the best turbos, but there are many suppliers of turbos, I bet I could find some good ones with a little time and $$.

My '98 is going to be getting a new engine in the next couple of years and I want to add some power. I thought a turbo or supercharger would do the trick.

Thanks for your interest and help.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone had a brand new APS turbo kit (sill in the boxes) for sale in the classifieds a while back.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Any good shop should.be able to build u a custom kit if you absolutely have to have this type of setup. Not sure where u are but I'm in Texas and my shop could
Old 04-26-2019, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

The gen tt kit was also like this.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
The gen tt kit was also like this.
Good info, I'll have to look into that one as well.

I could fabricate my own version of this type of setup, I can weld stainless and aluminum just fine and have all sorts of machine tools at my disposal. But it's the time factor, if I could pick up a kit that was already done, it would save me many many hours. Having built my own stainless headers for my '67 Camaro, I have a good idea how much time fabricating something like this will take. I rather save the hours for modifications, since I have a hard time leaving anything alone.

Thanks for all the information, I may just end up posting a wanted ad and see what comes up.