Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

which turbo for my app

Old 05-21-2019, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which turbo for my app

hello all. long time lurker first time post. im in the process of choosing a turbo for my 67 impala. it has a stock ls3, 4l80, 2500 stall ptc single disk, 12 bolt 3.55 gear in it. im going to swap the cam for a tick stage 2 turbo cam and go single turbo. I would like to start making boost in the 2000-2500 rpm range and I don't really see me reving past 6500 rpm. ive been looking at three different turbos. my buddy want to sell me a vs racing s480 83mm turbine 1.10 ar. im worried about it meeting my spool goal. my other choices would be a vs racing 7875 cast turbine .92 ar. or the new vs racing second gen 7875 with the batmowheel knock off and the turbine 1.25 ar. I have a t4 spool valve I bought used awhile back. which turbo would you guys recommend for my set up.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take what i say with a grain of salt because I havent turboed a ls3....but heres my opnion.

the s480 wll feed it better and let it breathe. It "should" still spool very quickly as ive seen a local 6.0 with one that spools pretty quick.
the 7875 will probably light off quicker but not sure it will feed it or let it breathe as well. But you've still got the potential for 700+ flywheel hp.

edit.
o damn. Just looked up that new vsr turbo. Damnit. I should have waited. I bet that would work really well with your setup.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: