Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wideband set up? Help a NOOB

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wideband set up? Help a NOOB

New to FI and I'm getting ready to buy my gauge set-up. I've done a few searches and really haven't found much outside from a few short threads. Id prefer to have a white face gauge with red backlighting to match the factory cluster and a pillar cluster. two questions:

Single or dual wideband set up? (i feel like dual would be better to see each bank)

What kit?
Old 06-21-2019, 07:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I use the AEM 30-4110
Old 06-21-2019, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

I think the aem 30-0334 is the easiest to connect if your using the stock or any gm computer. It plugs into the obd 2 connector. So you will need an obd 2 y cable from amozon or ebay. Easier to get it communicating with hp tuners. You can run 2 of them if you want and change the source name on 1 in the aem software. You would have to order the white face seperately. I dont k ow the part number for the face off the top of my head.

Personally i used one of these in my down pipe on my single turbo set up and then the two stock narrow bands pre turbo for bank tuning at idle.

Last edited by jordoza; 06-21-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jordoza
I think the aem 30-0334 is the easiest to connect if your using the stock or any gm computer. It plugs into the obd 2 connector. So you will need an obd 2 y cable from amozon or ebay. Easier to get it communicating with hp tuners. You can run 2 of them if you want and change the source name on 1 in the aem software. You would have to order the white face seperately. I dont k ow the part number for the face off the top of my head.

Personally i used one of these in my down pipe on my single turbo set up and then the two stock narrow bands pre turbo for bank tuning at idle.
yeah i probably should have added more info. it will be procharger stock '01 ls1 already has headers. i haven't decided if I'm going to convert to the true dual or just upgrade the back half (from the off road y back). I want everything to flow with the gauge color white and I'm replacing the bulbs off rip to the red to match the factory gauge back light. haven't looked into the mod yet for replacing the factory lights with led but may do that while I'm putting the gauge face overlay.

I've read other posts about the auto meter i was going to run (Phantom) and there are more mixed reactions than the AEM ones. Im not a tuner at all I'd just like to have something visible in the driverseat that will give real time feedback on each bank in one gauge. Easy to hook up (obviously) complete. I understand i'll have to drill/weld the new sensors and all that jazz. just want to get the "right" kit off jump and not have to upgrade later down the line. eventually will replace the stock ls1 with something of large cubes built for boost. unless having two widebands isn't completely necessary then i can narrow my choices down much more easily. out of the two mentioned above i would pay the extra $10 for the x series more than likely. i can pay another $10 for the white face overlay as well for appearance purposes.

Last edited by transamcustomz; 06-21-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

anyone on supercharged induction who can attest to running a dual wideband as opposed to the single??? ordered everything except for the wideband set-up. got an empty 2 1/6 slot for it!!
Old 06-22-2019, 04:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

If you can monitor both banks, then yes of course it is a good thing to do so.

FAST make a dual unit, as do Innovate with their LM-2 ( If you'd trust their reliability ), PLX Devices can display multiple on a single display albeit with controllers for each sensor, likewise Zeitronix. Daytona Sensors also do a nice little dual unit.

Although quite often, 2 separate gauges will still be cheaper