Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo help

I have 2007 chevy silverado 1500 5.3l v8 it is bone stock minus muffler due to previous owner cut it off my question is i want to turbo it im mechanically inclined for the most part minus torque specs an gapping stuff an ive tried to research it but everything I've found power hungry builds 800-1000+hp I'm shooting for just over 600hp is my goal but I'm not sure on where to start id like to keep from digging in the motor as much as possible I know ill need better fuel pump maybe valve springs better head gaskets an maybe 60lb injectors other than that I'm lost looking to build it safely as is my daily driver im looking to push whatever boost I can to run my 600hp numbers without bad stress i know there's probably alot of threads on this im looking at trick turbo kits as well thanks guys
Old 03-02-2021, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Any ..............'s on your keyboard?
As you stated... There's a lot of threads on the topic.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,298 Posts

A single walbro 450 with a hot wire kit and 60 or 80 lb injectors for your fuel system would give you head room. You don't need a cam/springs, but it would make getting to 600whp easier. Any of the turbo//truck/NA cam's would work depending on what you want to rev to. Several vendors on here like Summit Racing offer packages for cam/valvetrain. Keep the turbo sized smaller to get good lowend torque and get the truck moving. Something in the T70-76 range. Something like a 7665 would light off quick on a truck but limit RPM and overall peak power. A 7875 is a good all around turbo with room to grow. Get a wideband O2 with a gauge and your tuning suite of choice or a good company that does tuning and youre set. You might also consider a torque converter/trans upgrade depending on goals.

Quick Reply: Turbo help