Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnuson Belt Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 06:31 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Magnuson Belt Issues

So I’m losing my mind here, hoping someone can help.

Car has a TVS2300, full 8 rib Innovators West pulley set up

I’m still having some grief with this thing and need some advice, maybe you’ve seen this before...or have some advice on a belt length combo...

With the stock tensioner, forget it, if this car hits the limiter or hooks up in 2nd it just tosses the belt.

With the HD tensioner, it holds the belt but has two different problems

1 - it makes a strange tick/knock at idle, if I use breaker bar and put a bit more tension on it manually the noise goes away. I’ve tried a few different length belts and same result even with a belt so tight it’s almost impossible to get on with out a helper.

2 - the outside of the belt is now silver, like it’s eating the Innovators West Pulleys idler and the aluminum is embedding on it, which would tell me, ok, maybe it’s slipping OR too tight and getting the aluminum that way, but this thing has literally 3 pulls on it and less than 100 miles.

I’ve had the belt off and checked pulleys, I can’t feel or see anything goofy in the bearings, the only “play” I have is on the power steering pump, the shaft itself moves in and out slightly which is normal to me.

I could run the slightly longer belt but what in the world is this knocking noise.

Anyone?

Quick Reply: Magnuson Belt Issues