Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Looking to get a D1SC procharger...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get a D1SC procharger...

I'm looking to get a D1SC procharger, and i'm in the process of all the research of this purchase. I'm aiming for the tuner kit that you can get from Speed Inc. I want to put this on my relatively stock 2000 SS.

-What are some things i might need beside the kit?

-What are some numbers i can expect?

-Can a stock ls1 handle 8lbs of boost?

Hell, let me know if you think that a D1SC procharger kit sux, any info would be greatly appreciated. I really dont know much about superchargers (not like you guys, anyway ), but it would be nice to have a blower under my hood.........or should i just go for heads/cam? ho-hum

Thanx alot, guys
Old 07-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Teching In

one more thing...

i'm looking to get this thing done right the first time, and i'm looking in to keep reliability.

i'm not looking for the fastest car in the world, just something with a tad bit more power than a stocker.

sorry, i guess that's a couple more things....
Old 07-20-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Do u have any mods on ur car now? 8psi on a LS1 with a good tune is safe... and u should see anywhere from 430-480rwhp depends on the other mods u have such headers and exhaust. If u want to keep it only at 8psi then go with a normal 6 rib Tuner kit otherwise spend more money and get the 8 rib tuner kit. The nice thing about the SC is that it gives u alot of power and ur car will have the stock manners with no idle problems, springs changes, almost stock fuel consumption (if u have a light right foot). etc....

U will need 42lbs injectors, 255 fuel pump and tunning via LS1 Edit by a shop that has a dyno. Its good to have a boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge for safety. A wideband AF wont hurt too if u have the extra money to spend. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Thanx LSs1POWER, that was very helpful. and its kinda what i wanted to hear too. cause i heard from a shop mechanic that these engines are not built for boost.

i do have a set of QTP headers(i love 'em), and a catback system.

i eventually want to build the bottom end, and lower the C/R so i can up the boost.

thanx again
Old 07-21-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm gonna PM you, I think I can help ya
Old 07-21-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

The motors can handle boost fine as long as you have enough fuel and the tune is right.....

The 6 rib pulleys that come with the kit are good for a 6-8psi setup.....the stock ATI tensioner setup isn't the best, but the SD concepts stuff that a few of us run now including me is proving to be the answer to big boost applications......

42.5lb injectors are a must and I would do an intank or inline pump, if you do plan on going all out with it in the future I would put some twin 340's in the tank, it will be overkill for now, but in the future you won't have to go replacing more fuel stuff......

Quick Reply: Looking to get a D1SC procharger...