Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MAF problem!!! Maybe.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAF problem!!! Maybe.

hey guys, i finally got my aftercooled V2SQ on and running! although very difficult to install the kit it does give even more power than i expected! its insanely fast! it literally scared me the first time i punched it.

however, the 3rd time i got heavy into the throttle the SES light came on and it started running very irraticly. my brother in law (a GM mechanic) said it seems most likely to be the MAF having problems and he is going to take it to work and check the code on it.

ive seen the carroll's codebuster 103. are there any other companies that sell similar products? if so, which is the best to go with and how much do they cost?

thanks guys.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are going to spend money on a code scanner, you should just get a programmer/scanner like hptuners or soon to be released efilive that will do scanning and programming. What type of programming did the vortech come with? Unless you are making huge power then it probably was not a maf code.

Gary
Old 08-28-2004, 10:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS#1230
hey guys, i finally got my aftercooled V2SQ on and running! although very difficult to install the kit it does give even more power than i expected! its insanely fast! it literally scared me the first time i punched it.

however, the 3rd time i got heavy into the throttle the SES light came on and it started running very irraticly. my brother in law (a GM mechanic) said it seems most likely to be the MAF having problems and he is going to take it to work and check the code on it.

ive seen the carroll's codebuster 103. are there any other companies that sell similar products? if so, which is the best to go with and how much do they cost?

thanks guys.

OBD2 LT1's cut injector pulsewidth in half when the MAF sensor maxes. Ed Wright (www.fastchip.com) can reprogram your OBD2 pcm to fix the problem, or you can do an OBD1 conversion.

Quick Reply: MAF problem!!! Maybe.