Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech Install Need Help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech Install Need Help Please!!

Over the weekend I installed a vortech g-trim on my 2000 z28. I bought the kit off a guy on ebay. I have everything installed and I went to reflash my computer and all seemed fine it started and ideled. So I went to drive it and I knew something was very wrong the car bogs really bad and my speedometer reads like 140 when I'm going like 30. I used the microtuner the guy had which was for his 2000 ss I notice it has his vin number on the back. So do I need a new tuner or what's wrong?? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Mike
Old 08-30-2004, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because the speedo. is off like that it does sound like something went wrong with the flash. The best advice I can give is to get a dyno tune. Its the best way to tune it anyway.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out that the guy I bought the kit from had a 6 speed I have a auto I think that's why my speedo is off. Would this make my car run bad too?? The power curve are different between the two aren't they?

thanks,

Mike
Old 09-02-2004, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was under the impression that the tuner is locked to his VIN.. at least that's what everyone told me. When you buy a vortech kit new, you get a certificate, you then put down the info of your car including the VIN and send it to vortech, then they send you back the tuner supposedly VIN locked to your car. I agree with 2001WS6Vert, get a dyno tune, it'll make more power, vortech's tune is very conservative. I was able to bump my timing way up by as much as 6 degrees over what vortech had stock.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ditto get a dynotune.

the superchips INC. tuner that comes with the vortech kit, is setup for the wrong setup that vortech places the IAT sensor. You MUST relocate it to read the true air charge going into the motor, and tune accordingly.

This is partly why you can go more agressive on the timing when you know the real air temps, with a aftercooled car.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Vortech Install Need Help Please!!