Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Water/alky?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water/alky?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good write up or link on Alky tuning? I've ready a bunch on the turbo buick boards but it kinda confused me even more. I want to install my alky kit this week but i really have no idea how to tune it.
The kit i have is the aquamist kit and it has a hobbs switch that i can set to turn on anywhere from 4-15psi and a nozzle good up to 600hp and one that's good up to 1000hp. So do i just start with the 600hp nozzle and pull fuel to get the A/F 12.0 again or do i leave the A/F where it's at and spray water/alky on top of it.
Thanks for any help.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd call Julio with Progressive or Steve at SMC, they could probably help you out. I know the the turbo buick guy's I talked to just took their EGT readings on a good tune w/out alky, then started turning up the boost and alky. Once they got the boost levels where they wanted they (without any knock of course), they just got the EGT reading close to the original tune.

Rough example, 14psi no alky=1560 egt, 24 psi +alky=1560. Also, I think Cablebandit started a thread with this same question a few months back. Might help too.

Later,
Dave
Old 11-17-2004, 04:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

set it up optimal on race gas and then switch to pump/meth. if you have a system that allows wide open fueling correction set it to 0 negative correction

Quick Reply: Water/alky?