Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What needs to be modified to fit XX trim Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What needs to be modified to fit XX trim Vortech

I know the T trim will give me a little more upgradability and fit the same bracket as my S trim, but if Im going to have to buy another unit a few months after buying the kit, I might as well get something that wont be out of breath with a couple more mods. Who can modify my existing bracket?? What else needs to be changed?? Im planning on using this on a forged 6.0 in my Tahoe.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Adkoonerstrator

This page has S trim dimensions.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...ts/s-trim.html

This one has XX trim dimensions.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...s/xx-trim.html

The XX is HUGE compared to the S/T trim blowers. Looking at those specs do you think it would physically even fit?

I'm pretty sure a T trim has put down 700rwhp on a Fbody before. How much power are you looking for?
Old 11-24-2004, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
This page has S trim dimensions.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...ts/s-trim.html

This one has XX trim dimensions.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...s/xx-trim.html

The XX is HUGE compared to the S/T trim blowers. Looking at those specs do you think it would physically even fit?

I'm pretty sure a T trim has put down 700rwhp on a Fbody before. How much power are you looking for?
Im looking mainly at their efficient maxes and absolute maxes. Im barely getting 10# in good weather now and Im spinning at 51500!! Id like to get 15# and more on a forged 6.0 with a FMIC which will show a little boost loss.
Id like to get you more experienced guys opinions since I dont want to drop the ball again with something that isnt going to suit my needs.
Would an HD hood give more clearance??
Old 11-24-2004, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

EEWWW. 3 inches taller and 3 inches wider. That may take a little more work than I thought. I would think the HD hood would give the needed height though. Im just looking for ideas.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Check out the YSI trim. It is just a bit bigger than the S/T trims and will definately do what you want.

Not sure if the rotation on the truck kits is clockwise or not but, that is the only config the YSI comes in.

You might want to call Vortech and see if they can help you figure out how to mount it or if they can make a special bracket for you.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Check out the YSI trim. It is just a bit bigger than the S/T trims and will definately do what you want.

Not sure if the rotation on the truck kits is clockwise or not but, that is the only config the YSI comes in.

You might want to call Vortech and see if they can help you figure out how to mount it or if they can make a special bracket for you.
Cool thanks.
I didnt see where to go look at physical dimensions. I would have more faith in them if I coud find someone to talk to that knows their *** from a hole in the ground. When I asked what the S trim was capable of on my 5.3 they said 20# . Like I said, its out of breath at 10#.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Red face

Originally Posted by greentahoe
I would have more faith in them if I coud find someone to talk to that knows their *** from a hole in the ground. When I asked what the S trim was capable of on my 5.3 they said 20# . Like I said, its out of breath at 10#.
DOH!!!

Quick Reply: What needs to be modified to fit XX trim Vortech