Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tony and John…pls : 3rd gen magna!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnacharger Users

We are rebuilding a third gen Camaro and swapping in a LS1 for a start.
The engine is a LS1 2001 with automatic,9Ford and stripped 2500lbs with driver,coil over and all bla bla!

1. Did you use a C5 Vette magnacharger IC kit on the 69 camaro?
2. There is talk you used a Magna Hot rod Kit, if so how much?
3. the magna is supporting 540 HP max ? Any changes if swapped from a 5psi to a 8psi pulley set?
4. The C5 Vette IC cooler is pretty small+positioned to not look ugly , would a bigger on help
5. Weight of the Magnaset up compared to a ATI?
6. get a magna vette C5 IC set 5900$ and save 1000$ over a ATI(7000$) for stuff like stage 2 heads?
7. If there is a Hot rod set whats included? Cause i wouldn´t need the programmer /front cooler
8. Is there somebody out there selling only the intake of the magna ?
9. WHO has a low price offer/ Gp on the C5 IC set up?

Any vision how the setup will perform on a light 2500lbs ls1 3rd gen?

Last edited by LS1 Hybrid Magna; 01-01-2005 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Magnacharger Users
Old 12-21-2004, 07:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

My kit was custom made. Its based on the new GTO kit. The Corvette kit has an odd shaped inlet that wouldn't fit with my setup.

505 rwhp 500 ft-lbs dynojet, 8.5 psi on a 9to1 CR engine.

I have no idea on weight vs weight. The Magna is pretty heavy though.

I didn't get a programmer. Like I said, custom ordered kit. If you call them and tell them directly what you want, they will build it. I needed the f-body pulley offset.

2500 lb car with 500 rwhp? Could go 9.6s with the right suspension and a good 60' time.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:59 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you need some help with a custom Magnuson setup, I can help. With your custom needs I can give you a fair price, it may not be as cheap as a GP from one of the other vendors, but you can bet it will be exactly what you need. I'm always here for questions and support as well.

Ed
Old 12-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks you Ed and Tony for getting the time to answer!

I might explain a bit more what our club is looking for!

The car is a modded third gen!
The race class is far from the US Drag Rules!
Called Public Race!
Rules? Change whatever you want but it must have a licence Plate and must be “street legal”!
And here comes the first “Brain ******” what is street legal in Germany?
Example : All parts that are changed on the car that differ from stock must be signed into the car registration papers!
To get this done who need tons of $ !The magnacharger plus our special longtubes even the stock LS1 swap must pass
thru a special smog road/dyno test at a “lets call it refree (TÜV) station” !This will set us back with aound 9000$!Why ?We
have the base LS1 smog data but we are the first with a magnacharger over here!
This process is well known to you Lingenfelter Performance Engineering cause i watch you guys close on
the fact that you are expensive but you were always “clean” at the tailpipe!

Ok just droped a tone of money on the emission stuff we are again at the point to sign in:
Coil overs up front,LCA,TA and all other suspension parts! Again dropping lots of money just to be “street legal”!

We are allowed to use slicks and the exhaust needs to be below 100Phone! This is important and makes the exhaust
a vital part in setting everything up for HP evenso two cats and two mufflers (its a real dual) are installed!
Cars with cats in the registration are forced to use them at the track!
Why not step up to Super Gas? For us borring stuff for old people hahaha who like to peep at watches!
If you dont mess up at the tree the money investment blows the car in the next lane out of competition.
Bad people call this class “Tuner Bash” due to the money spend!
The current record is still a 9.8sec due to the registration problems we have here and due to the smog ckeck
On those cars!The pic shows a long time champ using a 2gen and something around 60000$ to get the parts and
The more important plates and registration as a street car!

After this you might feel a bit with me for asking lots of Q´s before we dumb money in a charger that would make
Things tuff to pass with!

The Charger (GTO unit)on Tony´s car is set back compared to the Vette set up...checked that last nite and compared it
to a Vette install!
The Vette Heat exchanger is pretty small in front of the airdam and we dont need that! The Tuner Hand held tool is for a vette
Set up so no need on that too!
we do prefer the “laid back “ GTO set up which gives us more space in front of the engine for a new radiator design and
more room to play with a bigger Heat exchanger than what the vette gets!

Ed, is there a bigger Blower case than the 112M from eaton?
The GTO kit uses a smaller Manifold heat exchanger http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthr...8&page=1&pp=30
than the vette is it possible to swap the bigger heat exchanger from the Vette into the GTO kit?
Can you post a pic or the dimensions of the VETTE and GTO manifold heat exchanger?
Or do you think this issue is taken in a old “ice can” attempt old school like?

Tony talked about a 500 max power support on the 112M so i was wondering if we could just swap a bigger blower?
When we need more HP out put! The goal is a min 10.0 sec!!! 2500Lbs car! 26x10x15 slicks 4.11 or 3.73, auto!
Can you supply the weight of a Vette Magna kit?
Can you supply some tail pipe data of a LS1 Magna vette before and after kit installed?
LPE camshafts more smog friendly ---LOL????

Can LS1 Vette magna owners post there camshaft choices and how their camshaft performes?

For people who are still thinking about other choiches: http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2895
Attached Thumbnails -11111111113037614-26776-1032169962.jpg   -11111111113037614-26776-1032169962_2.jpg