Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATI vs ESC vs A&A

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ATI vs ESC vs A&A

I have read a lot of opinions that say to use the ESC or A&A kit with a Procharger instead of the ATI, but not much definitive as to why.
Who out there has real world experience with the ATI good, bad or indifferent?
I don't want to run a ton of boost and ultimate hp numbers and 10 second ets are not my goal. Longevity of the drive train and engine internals are more important.
I solo 2 autocross more than I go to the dragstrip 1/8 mile - no cage in a vert - and the car is a daily driver.
Also considering a D-1SC with a big pulley instead of a P-1SC, I think that combo will produce more low end power. Any opinions on that?
My car is 04 A4, 3.42, Yank SS3200, Supermaxx headers and cats (not yet installed) and Comp Cams 918 springs, Ti retainers and pushrods which I will install when the headers go on. DTE rear strut also still in the box.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People go with the ECS or A&A setups as they offer much more belt wrap (which limits/prevents belt slip) as well provide more boost as the kits have reduced plumbing. For exampe -- My ECS D1SC kit on a stock heads/cam non-Z06 (with long tube headers and gutted cats) makes 9.5-11.5 lbs (depending on weather) with a 4.50 pulley. The ECS and A&A kits will also run much cooler than the factory ATI kit. Frankly, you can't begin to compare the factory ATI kit with the ECS or A&A setup.

You would _really_ have to try to not make over 500 rwhp with either of these setups.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 02-20-2005, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who is A&A??
Old 02-20-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A&A is A&A Corvette --> http://www.aandacorvette.com/
ECS is East Coast Supercharging --> http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/

Mark