Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What cam with D1SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedWS7
no man i dont go often,sometimes its too crazy. but very fun...
to tell you the truth i dont know how much power the car is making now. i only street tuned it w/ ls1edit and v5 a couple months ago with a smaller pulley and never got back to the dyno. now im making 11psi,and i kept the tune safe. my guess is it is somewhere around 525 - 550 rw. maybe more, i dont know. ive got some things for it, and i'll dyno tune it right soon...
When you say safe tune does that mean less timing? What mods have you done to the bottom end? How much power and boost do you thing the hyper piston can tolerate without detonation?

Thanks...Jess
Old 03-11-2005, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS-6_2002
I'm running a TSP 231/237 @115 LSA. The LSA is important for building boost.
what kind of power are you making and do you have any sound clips of that cam? I wasn't aware that the cam could be ground on a 115.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

by safe tune, i mean less timing, and more fuel then needed. For optimum performance for that setup, it could be leaned out a bit and givin a bit more timing. i tuned it w/ wideband o2 aswell, so i know its fat. I had a stock bottom end and was really running more boost than most would on that.(using those lil procharger intercoolers,and pump gas...) i had already built another complete engine to swap, which i am in the process of trying to do, and ofcourse didnt feel the need to blow the oridginal...i'll sit it in the corner, or put it in something else.
to answer your Q about how much power/boost the stock pistons can take..... well i think they'll take more than what ive done most def., but they also were not ment for boost, and can and will go with less abuse. but as youve probably herd, and its true that its almost all in the tune...
Old 03-13-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

No reason why a FM7 wouldnt pass, Ive gotten much bigger to pass sniffer tests. Good running car and a correct tune would do wonders.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

How does the fm7 idle. A little choppy I hope? I'm just looking for the idle to be a bit more aggressive over stock and to reach 500/500 at the wheels w/ a D1SC. Lastly to pass emissions
Old 03-13-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

LSs1power car has LS6 intake, I put the 8 rib D1SC ATI setup on, saw 7-8 psi, FLP longtubes with their sissy y pipe hooker catback, and FM7. Made 550/500 roughly when I did the tuning on Heffners dyno in Baltimore

Idles liek a Tr224 cam with the 60# injectors

Alot depends on the tuning of the car also however as far as idle characteristics, injector selection and paying attention to the details
Old 03-13-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
LSs1power car has LS6 intake, I put the 8 rib D1SC ATI setup on, saw 7-8 psi, FLP longtubes with their sissy y pipe hooker catback, and FM7. Made 550/500 roughly when I did the tuning on Heffners dyno in Baltimore

Idles liek a Tr224 cam with the 60# injectors

Alot depends on the tuning of the car also however as far as idle characteristics, injector selection and paying attention to the details
"Excellent Smithers" just what I'm looking for. Now I need to find a tuner.

Thanks again
Old 03-13-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Junkie

On all the blower/turbo setups I do, I put the best spring customer can afford on it. Wouldnt go with anything other then the 60# injectors, never buy another injector again, and fuel pump fuel pump fuel pump!

And like you said tuning is another things needs to be done right, Ive seen alot of boost cars leave some peoples places wayyy leaner then they will tolerate on the road

Quick Reply: What cam with D1SC