Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo help!!!!

I bought a "old school" turbo kit, in great shape, engineered for a carberated small block. Currently I am running a low comp (8.7) flat top pistons, with iron bowties, and a bluepringted 600-650 cfm four barrel. I am woundering, it already runs pig rich, and it bog just a little under full throttle in very low rpms(1600-1800). I checked virtually everything out but changing the vacume secondary spring. But know that I am going turbo I' not sure how much more fuel I should give her?
I was thinking 2 jet sizes up on the secondaries, and leaving the weaker springs in there sice boost build super quick on turbo applications relitive to superchargers?

Please any input, anyone running a turbo carbed sbc???
thanks
Old 03-10-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smurider
I bought a "old school" turbo kit, in great shape, engineered for a carberated small block. Currently I am running a low comp (8.7) flat top pistons, with iron bowties, and a bluepringted 600-650 cfm four barrel. I am wondering, it already runs pig rich, and it bog just a little under full throttle in very low rpms(1600-1800). I checked virtually everything out but changing the vacuum secondary spring. But know that I am going turbo I' not sure how much more fuel I should give her?
I was thinking 2 jet sizes up on the secondaries, and leaving the weaker springs in there since boost build super quick on turbo applications relative to superchargers?

Please any input, anyone running a turbo carbed sbc???
thanks
Like most people here, I don't know too much about carbed turbo setup, but I think with your setup, it would depend on whether it was a blow through, or a suck through setup. I would look over on http://www.turbomustangs.com

Its mostly Ford guys, but they have a whole section on carbed turbos and also Chevys. Most of the folk there are pretty knowledgeable and help full too.