Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

wheres the post evilt?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MM that sounds like an old Warbird post with the junk NON_SPONSOR kit.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onfire
MM that sounds like an old Warbird post with the junk NON_SPONSOR kit.
uncalled for
Old 03-20-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just to clarify,

You could be referring to my motor problems but here is the situation.

I had a 415 CID with 9:1 compression and a PTE T74 Q trim (this is the kit KAOS bought). I had huge issues with back pressure and many exhaust leaks that ultimatly killed my motor. I learned way after the fact the NON_SPONSOR finally admitted to building it wrong. BTW the new owner was made aware of my problems both publicly and privately and before the kit went out it was repaired and re-welded.

MY only consolation after all the ridicule towards myself and MM in the end was that we ultimately were vindicated

Clearly the issue was well known by said NON_SPONSOR, but I or my builder was never informed of it. As it turns out the first manifold I was sent was backwards and the second manifold I recieved was the incorrectly built unit. My issue is, that after all the personal crap I went through, nowhere was this issue ever admitted to me or my builder. Once again lied to.

I know that Al Noe was not to blame for this mess, but I did end up loosing my shirt over the whole thing, not to mention a broken motor

I can't/won't post there, but I do want to clear some things up:

1. The turbo manifold that Kaos has, that Warbird USED TO HAVE, was built wrong by Stainless Works. They built the first two manifolds with 1 1/4" OD WG tubing, even though the original that we gave them to copy had 1 3/4" OD WG tubing. They were supposed to have fixed it and sent it back to ARE for Warbird (as they supposedly did with Mightymouse's manifold, which was the first one SW built wrong). After talking with Kaos, we found out that Stainless Works never did fix the wastegate tubing size. And neither did Warbird, which is why he had the boost problem that Kaos is now having. And he never mentioned to Kaos that he had any problems with it when he sold him the kit (s far as I can tell anyway). If Stainless Works had built the manifolds correctly, nobody would have ever had any problems with the NON_SPONSOR kit.

2. This "ruquick" guy posted that I "owe him parts for the Turbo Formula that he bought from Chad". WTF? I don't owe that guy ANYTHING! At least not that I'm aware of. I have never spoken to him by email, phone, or otherwise. He then continues by saying that "Chad is full of ****". The only person full of ****, is him. He needs to leave me out of this. I have NOTHING to do with his purchase of the car or anything he and Chad may have discussed about it.

If someone could please pass this along, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
NON_SPONSOR OWNER

Last edited by Warbird; 03-20-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Warbird sorry to hear you had to go threw that. It has to suck big time to spend all that money and have nothing in the end bro. Hope everything has worked out for you now.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
wheres the post evilt?
http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/...hlight=408+t76

Found er.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
Warbird sorry to hear you had to go threw that. It has to suck big time to spend all that money and have nothing in the end bro. Hope everything has worked out for you now.
It cost me a year without the car, more money and lots of soul searching. That can never be replaced but as they say "onwards and upwards". It was painful but I'm on the road to recovery

The hardest part was having to deal with all the "Calling out Warbird" posts and the constant I don't know what I'm talking about posts. MM and myself had to put up with a lot of negative press but a small consolation was being vindicated in the final analysis

I have a new motor now thanks to ARE coming through and looking after me and I have a new Phamspeed kit with a PTE T88 on the way. Hopefully it will all finally come through in the next two weeks.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eviltwins

HMMMM
Old 03-20-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Warbird
It cost me a year without the car, more money and lots of soul searching. That can never be replaced but as they say "onwards and upwards". It was painful but I'm on the road to recovery

The hardest part was having to deal with all the "Calling out Warbird" posts and the constant I don't know what I'm talking about posts. MM and myself had to put up with a lot of negative press but a small consolation was being vindicated in the final analysis

I have a new motor now thanks to ARE coming through and looking after me and I have a new Phamspeed kit with a PTE T88 on the way. Hopefully it will all finally come through in the next two weeks.

What size A/R you go with??? Thats the same turbo i went with. Cubes this time? PM if you dont want to post.
Thanks
Kyle
Old 03-20-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

war bird good luck with your new set up. i know it will work out for you. i, if i could stop burning through spark plug wires, am doing well with your old kit. it will hold boost and make great power. just had to modify it to fit my needs. no hard feelings with anybody on the board. every one has helped me from MM to warbird to NAME_REMOVED and every one else. but sorry to hijack the thread. pham speed is awesome and hope every body makes great numbers and runs the times they want to.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
What size A/R you go with??? Thats the same turbo i went with. Cubes this time? PM if you dont want to post.
Thanks
Kyle
Kyle,

No problem, I have no issues with posting it.

The new motor is 391 CID 4.00" bore with a 3.875" stroke. I have a Callies crank, Ross pistons and Eagle rods. The new compression is 8.0:1. The T88 has a 1.06 AR exhaust housing with a GTS 76mm wheel. All the hot parts are Phamspeed with TIAL blow off and HKS 88mm wastegate. Phamspeed also fabbed the air to air front mount intercooler. The downpipe is 4"

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the motor or turbo.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KAOS
war bird good luck with your new set up. i know it will work out for you. i, if i could stop burning through spark plug wires, am doing well with your old kit. it will hold boost and make great power. just had to modify it to fit my needs. no hard feelings with anybody on the board. every one has helped me from MM to warbird to NAME_REMOVED and every one else. but sorry to hijack the thread. pham speed is awesome and hope every body makes great numbers and runs the times they want to.
Thanks KAOS,

I'm pretty sure it will come together The car is now setup to run Solo II but I will be trying to lay down some 1320 numbers as well

I'm still willing to help out with anything you need. Did you contact Al about the manifold?

I hope
Old 03-20-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

so can you run a 408 with this kit or not?
Old 03-20-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

no because the only thing wrong, that i understand is that the WG tube was too small and i have already fixed that problem. well mike did. so i dont think it would benifit me to send it to them and fix something that is no longer broken. good to hear things are going good. hope to have mine at the track with in a few weeks. what tranny are you going to run.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I remeber reading all the negative stuff against you guys. But hey look at it this way. You guys are still here and the other well you know.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PurEvl
so can you run a 408 with this kit or not?
I wouldn't run a big displacement motor with this kit. I think the NON_SPONSOR kit is pretty much maxed out (because of design limitations) even on a slightly larger than stock displacement.

The Phamspeed kit uses a bigger turbo and larger piping so would work on a big motor, however; I really think with a big 408, looking for big power evena T88 will tap out around 1200 HP. It really depends on what you want out of your car.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Launching!

You'll get your kit here real soon!! It's just been sitting here all packaged up since a few weeks ago.

BTW, no FMIC was ordered through us
Old 03-20-2005, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool

Maybe they decided to use the FMIC they already had

Thanks John
Old 03-20-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

the mustang guys have used a PT88 with a 427 before, even with the .96 AR, so i dont think that would be a problem, the real problem with that one kit is the log, you just can go big cubes with that log

Warbird how is the 4" DP going to be routed on the phamspeed kit?
Old 03-20-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
the mustang guys have used a PT88 with a 427 before, even with the .96 AR, so i dont think that would be a problem, the real problem with that one kit is the log, you just can go big cubes with that log

Warbird how is the 4" DP going to be routed on the phamspeed kit?
I agree, design is everything in a turbo. If anyone read Corky Bell's book, he has a picture of the NON_SPONSOR log under the heading of how NOT to build a turbo manifold.

I haven't seen my kit yet however, from my understanding the downpipe runs under the K-Frame on the passenger side and has been flattend to allow for clearance. Hopefully John Pham will jump in and explain it.

I will be taking lots of pics when the install starts

Quick Reply: Phamspeed kit with a T76GTS